4 way wedge recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson_tree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I finally made up my mind to get a 4 way wedge. Is the Northern tool slip over 4 way a decent piece? It is very affordable. My wedge is 3/4" x 6 inch, so it will be little loose for the Northern Tool which is designed for a 1" x 7 inch wedge. Any ideas for other slip over 4 way wedges or feedback on the Northern Tool wedge would be appreciated.

I am using the Norhtern wedge. I won't go back to splitting singles ever again. I used a whiz wheel on my die grinder and sharpened up the edges of the 4 way a bit. That helped a lot when I ran into a knot etc.

Only "issue" is that the 4 way rounds over the edge on the single wedge. I am willing to deal with that for the speed in production I am getting with the 4 way on.

Summary, Great value for what you get.

My splitter is a home made job by a friend. I don't have the welding tools or skills to make my own wedge and he doesn't have time anymore to do my jobs. I'm stuck with whatever I can buy all ready made.

Latest posts

Back