4-Wheeler's and Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiewire

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How do you guys carry you're saw on a 4-wheeler. I currently use bungee cords but that is a PITA! The few saw racks or scabbards that I've seen were either really expensive or really cheesy. Hopefully someone has a good idea that they don't mind sharing. Thanks!

I bungee this to my rear rack:

attachment.php

View attachment 273107

View attachment 273179View attachment 273180

This is what I use for my 4-wheeler. Took the back rack off and built this on top of the platform. Can get everything I need for a day of cutting in the box.

Tom

Nice Sportsman 500! Cool box idea.

I prefer to just bungy the saws on back rack and use the 2 milk crates on front. That way, I can take everything off and use the 4wheeler for other things too.

OP- maybe you just need smaller bungy cords for your saws. I find that they hold my saws very secure and its easy to get them on and off.

I found a very large Rubbermaid plastic tote that fits perfectly on the rear rack of my Polaris Sportsman. The rack has vertical rack extenders around its perimeter so it only takes a few bungee cords to hold the tote in place. This tote will hold two saws, gas, oil, tool box with some room to spare. My 391 with a 20" bar will sit flat in the bottom of the tote but if it had a longer bar it would have to sit at an angle.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the bungee nets. they work great.

Milk crate with a slit in it.

Hands down the easiest and cheapest. I just strapped a rectangular crate to my back rack yesterday and cut a slot for the bar to stick out. Should have done this a long time ago!! Holds the saw securely and enough room for spare chains, tools, gas, and oil.

Not sure that these uploaded correctly, but here's my set up.

ATVboxRev1_zps054e28b4.jpg

ViceandsawonATV.jpg

If the top pick uploaded correctly, the box is pretty jumbled. I've got an extra gallon of oil in it, and the vise is under the 2 gal gas can. I just took a pick after I tossed it all back in the box to put it away. Without getting jumbled up, it will normally fit the tool box, a pair of saws (18" bars), a bottle of oil, 2 gal of gas, Fiskars, 2 Splitting mauls, 2 wedges, a 6" bench vise, and the mounting bracket for the vise . The vise is my favoite part though.

ViceonATV.jpg

Makes keeping the chains sharp real easy ;)

This is going to get modified this year. I'm going to shorten the box up some and make something to hold the saws up above. It will probably just be a lid with a 2x8 on each end for the bars to stick through, then a strap to hold it all down. Currently my 064 won't fit in the box because the bar is too long, and I normally take it and the 036. That and the fact that the box hangs over the back rack by 10" making it a pain in the rear to back up to a trailer. Having a removeable bench vise is nice though :) Made a bracket to mount it to my tailgate too :)

Visebase01.jpg

vise01.jpg

Did I mention that I like the vise???

Just a piece of treated plywood cut to fit both the front and rear racks with a soft drink syrup case (like the ones that go to theatres and restaurants).

Zapped strapped, wire ties, plastiec tied (what ever you lingo is), I use high quality Tech-Span ones rated at 75lbs, for a reason.

1. Cheap ties break when you tighten them or even look at them

2. I need somthing that will break free if need be, like when I turn turtle and my chest doesn't like being against an imovable piece.

Ever thing was put in place to ensure it was within the track width of my atv, so a mud flap can tear off is need be, but no damage to the saw.

Usuall there is a rubber strap over the saw and fuel etc............too cold out in the shed and not ennough light, but I always take pictures like that!View attachment 273457View attachment 273458

Back