40-60 mph winds expected in Milwaukee, WI area...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your surgery. Can you supervise? :)

Storm warning is for high winds 7am Tuesday through 7pm Wednesday. Supposed to be worst winds in 12 years. Ha! My roofers said they would be back tomorrow...... wonder what they can do in the wind?

Shari

Sorry to hear about your surgery. Can you supervise? :)

Storm warning is for high winds 7am Tuesday through 7pm Wednesday. Supposed to be worst winds in 12 years. Ha! My roofers said they would be back tomorrow...... wonder what they can do in the wind?

Shari

problem with supervising is I cant stop there.....I need to be cutting......Im sure the phone will ring unless Evie turns it off when she leaves for work....

Yeah, we are fixing to get Blasted with another one here too, except we get it coming off the lake.

http://www.wwmt.com/sections/weather-news/

10-20' seas is gonna be a HOOT!
If I can make it, I'll get some snaps of the old Manitou trying to dislodge the piers again.

You guys on that side of the pond hunker down!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The forecasters here are comparing this storm as being very similar to the storm that sunk the Edmund Fitzgerald. Guess we buckle down and ride.

Shari

Yeah, they are saying that here as well.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/hazards/grr
Theyhave the whole side of the state in a high wind warning LOL!!!

I am debating on putting things in the barn tonight instead of waiting till morning.
Hate to get clobbered with a 80' Oak like last time.

Probably should fill up a bucket or two as well.

Last time I just took baths in the Pond and rinsed off afterwards to get rid of the pond smell.
Pond is too dadgum cold this time of year. LOL!!

I'll get the Camera charged up. Should be some good carnage and a frothy lake by noon.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Last edited:
1 am - been raining good here for an hour or so, wind gusts are picking up, but nothing huge yet.

The fleet is on standby down in the shed, couple fresh gallons of hi test ready to burn.

Shari, ya need anything down there? I figure if I toss it in the air tomorrow morning, it should be there by noon :D

There's a couple trees out back that I hope the wind takes care of for me, one in particular is a white birch with a split in the center of it from about 2' on up to about 15', noticed it walking by hunting last weekend, I'd not have noticed it on a calm day, but it was creaking and popping in the wind, and a closer look revealed the split.

Shari, ya need anything down there? I figure if I toss it in the air tomorrow morning, it should be there by noon :D

:clap: Not necessarily! :)

6:30am - rain just started - a gust here or there - nothing spectacular, yet...

dingeroyte: If you see a tar paper roof flying by it's mine. :) We are in process of getting a new roof installed. No new shingles on yet. Sure hope those roofers buttoned us up good enough yesterday. ;)

Shari

:clap: Not necessarily! :)

6:30am - rain just started - a gust here or there - nothing spectacular, yet...

dingeroyte: If you see a tar paper roof flying by it's mine. :) We are in process of getting a new roof installed. No new shingles on yet. Sure hope those roofers buttoned us up good enough yesterday. ;)

Shari

I'm waiting for enough light, to move the harvester out into the open field and away from all the trees.

Dadgum talking heads are talking about 80mph winds now, but looking at the Radar, it looks like the ugly stuff is all on your side of the pond, and darn if it ain't UGLY.

Winds blowing about 30 here and raining like mad, so I gotta start the field pump, on account of getting 4.5" Sunday night, and we don't need drowning blueberry bushes.

I'll keep an eye peeled for Tar paper.
That's a heck of a predicament ya got.

I'll say a prayer, while you get the dishpans and tupperware set out to catch the drips.
I dunno what the roofers are gonna do.
Tarps? In this wind? Good way to go for a ride into the next county!

Hang in there!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

It's been sounding pretty tumultuous out there since it woke me up at 2:30 this morning. Rain sounds a lot like hail at those speeds. The last wind storm that came through left two weeks worth of downed trees to clean up around here.

Thankfully it isn't snowing or bitter cold out.

The kids at school will have an interesting time if they hang the flags today.

:cheers:

Mayhem trying to drive into the shop this morning about 6:30am, could not see the lane markings on freeway due to rain, wind,and tire spray. It is going to get ugly. They say this is going to be as bad or worse than the 98 storm. That one cost me one car door( ex lost her grip) and no power for 3 days.
Shari hope you stay dry.

Shari hope you stay dry.

The roofers are here. Shingles are scheduled to be delivered imminently. Plan is to get the bundles up on the roof with the conveyor & that might be the end of today's work. I heard a small amount of nailing going on up there - probably checking the tar paper edges. The roofer has 30+ yrs. of experience in roofing so I am not particularly worried.

Hmmm (thinking positively and thinking firewood), wonder if that conveyor might break down here and I could get it for cheap for processing fire wood...... :) :) :)

Shari

We got a little of that yesterday morning. Don't know how fast it was blowing but it was raining sideways. Somebody said there was a tornado but I don't think they knew what they were talking about. I was expecting to be cleaning some trees off our side road but only one big oak split on the main highway. My wife said the county was there clearing it when she came through around lunch time. I would like to go cut some in my woodlot today but with the rain it will be to muddy to get up there for a few days. Hopefully it blew that big snag out of the beech that I need to be working under. It will be nice to not have to try to jerk it down with the truck.

Tornado watch in effect until 11 am.

It is garbage day in some local communities, so there is plenty of debris everywhere, especially in the small towns.

Latest posts

Back