40-60 mph winds expected in Milwaukee, WI area...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh....

Just got in from battening down some hatches.
Just windy as all heck with some good gusts to make the Oaks creak and groan a little. Sideways rain to beat the band though. Crazy Mutt went with me, and he's soaked.

Looks like they have had an outbreak of spin up Tornados south a bit, and some nasty cells near Dowagiac cranking out straight line winds.
Duck if you're between Cass and Jackson.

Should all be over in a couple hours.

Shari,
That's good news. If the roofer ain't worried you should be fine.
Tell him to take a couple days off, and snag that conveyor!!!! LOL!!
The rain will wash off any evidence.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

SE Wisconsin guys: Wind (tornado?) damage in Racine between Hwys. 11 & 20 along Washington Ave.

Rain has stopped here. Wind is still blowing. Roofers are up there 'doin' their thing'. Kind of cool if you think about it: Roofers are already here if we have any roof/tree damage (thinking positively, of course!).

Dang that conveyor was nice! Couldn't hardly snitch it as it was truck mounted - kind of hard to hide that large white truck in my backyard! :) Just as the truck driver was about to leave he asked if anything else had to be moved - I volunteered he could move my oak rounds to the backyard next to the splitter but he declined. :(

Shari

SE Wisconsin guys: Wind (tornado?) damage in Racine between Hwys. 11 & 20 along Washington Ave.

Rain has stopped here. Wind is still blowing. Roofers are up there 'doin' their thing'. Kind of cool if you think about it: Roofers are already here if we have any roof/tree damage (thinking positively, of course!).

Dang that conveyor was nice! Couldn't hardly snitch it as it was truck mounted - kind of hard to hide that large white truck in my backyard! :) Just as the truck driver was about to leave he asked if anything else had to be moved - I volunteered he could move my oak rounds to the backyard next to the splitter but he declined. :(

Shari

LOL!!!!
Can't hurt to ask!! Ya never know.

Just got a Tornado warning just east of here, and the talking heads are saying the funnels are moving at 70mph and popping up, lotsa trucks getting blown off the roads..

I dunno if I would be roofing in this mess.
Ya found a rare professional Sahri.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

LOL!!!!
Can't hurt to ask!! Ya never know.

Just got a Tornado warning just east of here, and the talking heads are saying the funnels are moving at 70mph and popping up, lotsa trucks getting blown off the roads..

I dunno if I would be roofing in this mess.
Ya found a rare professional Sahri.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Yes I did! Even the driveway is dried off already from this mornings rain - sun is out now/still really windy - weird weather day.

Shari

Sunny and dry? LOL!!!! Wierd.

Getting worse here. Taxman has a doozy coming his way, TJbier had better be in the basement already.

Good to know sunshine follows it.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Suspect it ain't staying that way long. I'm about in the eye of the storm right now, was almost tempted to go fetch the loader tractor home from my buddy's house, but decided as soon as I got a mile down the road the skies would open up.

I'm just a ways north of the RNH on the map:

attachment.php

If we get some trees down, I got a couple new tools that might come in real handy from the fine folks at Sherrilltree, some 19,000 lb test "Fireline" (Amsteel Blue actually, but it was the easy way to explain to my non-technical friends what sort of rope this was) and a 4" CMI pulley rated for 16K.

attachment.php

Sunny and dry? LOL!!!! Wierd.

Getting worse here. Taxman has a doozy coming his way, TJbier had better be in the basement already.

Good to know sunshine follows it.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Hasn't been too bad.. rains have stopped, just windy now. I didn't go to work today cause standing up wall and throwing plywood just don't work in these conditions.:)
I was in the garage when the sirens went off..... so I just watched the storm.
sure is warm though. 67degs

Nice buy Steve, that will come in handy.!

These high winds are sure good for drying the firewood though. Now that the rain has passed.

:cheers:

I was debating when to cover my stacks for winter when this storm warning first came out days ago: cover (risk loss of tarps) or get rained on and let the wind dry up the rain. So far, I think my decision not to cover was the right one. Weather later this week looks nice so stacks will be covered by this weekend.

Shari

Wind/Weather report

We had one 48 mph wind gust at 10:00 a.m. in the central part of Wisconsin.
But, I've seen worse. :D
I've got a big old maple in the yard that was split in a "big blow" we had about 12 years ago. That "wind" took down 7 or 9 trees in my yard. So far all I have are a bunch of maple limbs down.

PAGING SOUTH DAKOTA...PAGING SOUTH DAKOTA....TURN OFF THE WIND MACHINE.......:D

I can stand the cold, the rain, the snow even, but this constant wind is getting on my nerves. Just a few smaller trees down on the ride home. Nothing too exciting, just this constant howling.

PAGING SOUTH DAKOTA...PAGING SOUTH DAKOTA....TURN OFF THE WIND MACHINE.......:D

I can stand the cold, the rain, the snow even, but this constant wind is getting on my nerves. Just a few smaller trees down on the ride home. Nothing too exciting, just this constant howling.

Our front door faces west. The wind is coming from the west. That storm door has been whistling at us all day... :biggrinbounce2:

Shari

winds been steady here at 47 mph with rain all day. lots of junk blowing by , but have,nt seen any damage .. not suposed to stop till mid morning tomorrw ... newest forcast is winds picking up to 60 an gusts to 70 on the back side of this one freezing rain and snow to follow tomorrow afternoon ..... high tomorrow 30,ish ..... hold tight friends !!!!!!

I drove my semi all day in this crap, my arms feel like I just got done from cutting wood all day. Sounds like more of the same for tomorrow but with higher wind gusts.

Beefie

I drove my semi all day in this crap, my arms feel like I just got done from cutting wood all day. Sounds like more of the same for tomorrow but with higher wind gusts.

Beefie

That wind kicks your ass doesnt it? I spent all day in the truck to bucking the wind. The worst was heading back North empty with a west wind. That sucked.

I was listening to the radio and I am hearing about tornado warnings and bad storms and I was going right into them. Then they talk about tornado's that you cant see comming because they can hide in the heavy rain, and this is right when I am running in some of the worst rain I ever ran in.

I am just imagining getting blown over and hearing 185 pigs that are really really pissed at me for turning their world upside down (literly)

Call me hillbilly but I had my .223 with me in the truck with me just in case the worst happened and I had to take care of pigs running down the highway.

I have soar arms, but managed to keep all 18 wheels on the ground.

Back