40 lb. Bag of Wood Pellets: $3.99!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pellet stove, does me good!! I get picked on alot by friends because I have my own tree care biz & dont burn wood!! I really jack em when I tell them I dump the wood in a pile & push it over the hill with my dozer!!

My thoughts, I run saws all day, load wood haul it away day in day out!! the last thing I want to do in my spare time & by the way time is money...whats your time worth? is split & stack wood, then..... take it in the house hope no insects come to life from thawing out, wood is messy & a PITA, I get enough exercise doin the tree thing!!

this year I made my own pellets from wood chips, 2tons worth, took me awhile to do this as the home made machine i used is not so fast, none the less around $75.00 in fuel & about 100 man hrs(just me). I get around 15hrs out of a bag, even store bought bags I only got 18hrs best!! I clean it out with a shop vac every 2-3 uses.

the heat is not as hot as a wood burner, but does more than fine & the wife can do it with no problem!!!! I dont sell wood & if those that burn goto where I dump it they can get it for nothing, but if its not gone by the weekend.......out comes the dozer to make room for the next weeks work.

LXT..........

sounds like a new saw, bar, and chain combo to buy. Are the local races going to have the 2" pellet wood? An MS200T with a 4" bar and 1/8" super picco would rip that stuff up!!!!! :)

If our gov't ever pulls their head out of their nether regions nobody will ever wait for pellets for a long time to come........ they keep muling about what to do with 20 million+ truckloads of pine beetle kill, GAH! :monkey:
:bang: :bang:

:cheers: All!

Serge

Why I Believe in Pellets

Pellet stoves like was said have their place...but limited. Pros, yes for those who don't want the "bother" :spam: of the wood routine. Here goes:

Romance-that constant grinding of the hopper. Make love to that.

Power outage: no heat. The grinder needs power. (Yes, get backup)

Those grinder/hopper mechanisms grind out, break. No heat.

Not much real heat/lb out of pellet stoves compared to any wood stove.

There's no drooling or lurking over your wood pile ( oh, the bags :censored: )

No goodbody from humping 40lb bags of pellets.

Ah, the supply...............

Now, do you really want to burn pellets ? JMNSHO:confused:

There's a market for most everything, if there wasn't - Nobody'd be making it - Buying those pellets in the summer's a good move, if you did it - Like peolpe that got fuel oil contracts then for 2.50/gal, it's 3.40 now. I'm a woodburner, always will be - Like the guy said above, you can burn anything from good wood, pallets, cardboard boxes & even leaves if you had too. If fuel oil was .25/gal, I'd still be burning wood. It makes me happy anytime I can beat OPEC out of a dollar. :chainsaw:

I second that comment

Latest posts

Back