404” .063” chisel chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Raisman semi chisel 404” .063” 100’ roll too. HLS had it for $149/100’.
It’s on sale too. Business must be slow.

HLS lists semi chisel and chisel .404” .063” Raisman chain. But either way a 100’ roll is a steal at $150?

The picture shows semi chisel

Your right it’s semi chisel but marked full chisel on the roll. This chain is being discontinued by Raisman. It’s $150 with ship.

I just cut with Oregon 3/8” skip semi chisel for the very first time. I was impressed it wasn’t that slow as I expected.

I've been very happy with some 25ft rolls of .404 semi chisel China chain which is GB-evoII. Sure China chain does stretch but I've found its much worse in Picco chain compared to 404. I've given this stuff hell from high output saws in Aussie hardwoods & the chrome has held up well & the stretch has not been problematic. I found the chrome much thicker and doesn't wear off the top plate compared to the smaller pitches. Just my 2c, obviously not all China chain is the same quality but they has certainly lifted their game in the last 2-3years big time. Bill ought to put a loop of his .404 on a 2100 & buck some wood, that's the best way to know what you have & how good/poor it is.

Yes the picture shows a semi chisel chain. Great price if it has any quality. For my use chisel has no value or very little. However if it is some what hardened and you have some clean wood to work with might be ok. Thanks

.404 chain is a whole different game, we cut with semi chisel on 100+cc saws for 20 years or more and that stuff hauls azz, when we did get some chisel there was very little difference in cut speed as the big saws were not high revving machines they cut with about the same chain speed with either semi or chisel.

.404 chain is a whole different game, we cut with semi chisel on 100+cc saws for 20 years or more and that stuff hauls azz, when we did get some chisel there was very little difference in cut speed as the big saws were not high revving machines they cut with about the same chain speed with either semi or chisel.

Exactly but but you do not have to sharpen all the time. Thanks

For the cost if I ever build a wood processor I’d use the .404” .063 chain anyways.
Most of my saws 80 cc and up will get 404 chain.

Back when I had the firewood business the 2100 with one 404 chain lasted the winter if I didn’t hit anything with it, while the 3/8” chain was 2 or 3 chains to one 404 chain. I never over sharpen it. The file n guide saves the life of the chain too by only sharpening the upper edge. One or two passes keeps the chain razor sharp. I tried to keep my cost low in selling firewood.
Being a one man operation it was tough profit wise.

I run my rakers a tad deeper with the 404 on the 2100/100cc.

Well it’s delivered. Can’t beat that price for 100’ of 404” .063 chain. Should out last my lifetime I have 250’ of 404 semi chisel in stock. Counting my two 25’ 404” rolls from huztl

Latest posts

Back