415 Shindaiwa now wont oil!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen w

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got the chainsaw coil working and nice fire,working great.But the oiler dosn,t work.There is a set of plastic gears behind the clutch and they are not spinning ,,only a bit when saw is reving.How do these wheels give oil to the chain? Has anyone changed an oiler in one of these brutes? I assume you have to split the saw?

I found out the gears are stripped in the drive gear for the oiler.Cant find anything online...Too bad,good saw otherwise.

Common thing here where it gets very cold in winter, the oil thickens and those plastic gears strip. We found running thinner winter mix in them all year round has eliminated this strip out.

I live in Lunenburg County Nova Scotia,a far ways from there...thanks for asking :)

I only asked because I got my last sets of oil pump drives from the Tractor Dome located up there. They were around 6 -7 dollars each but a friend picked them up for me so there was no shipping charges. They were for the 488, not sure if the 415 is exactly the same design.

Just a statement,,i like the old saws,they were build good,and strong,who else here like the older saws?

Older saws are durable but many did not have antivibe mounts so they are hard on the hands.I like to run my 80`s era Pioneers when time allows but most days the Stihl`s get the job done.

I only asked because I got my last sets of oil pump drives from the Tractor Dome located up there. They were around 6 -7 dollars each but a friend picked them up for me so there was no shipping charges. They were for the 488, not sure if the 415 is exactly the same design.
I have a 488...So the 488s have the plastic gears also?...geesh.

Latest posts

Back