415 Shindiawa coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen w

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello im a new fella here,so sorry if im in the wrong catagory..lol.I have a 415 Shindiawa saw,,the coil is gone.I tested it with an ohm meter.Anyway,,it has no fire all of a sudden.It has been sitting for about 5 years,and i just purchased it ,,guess i should have left it where it was.....I have a 488 and i love it,so thought i would go for this one also.When i first got it ,i poured gas in the carb,and after about 10 min,it was running pretty good.There was a small spark "at times" near the muffler,,,now it has no spark.The wires and switch look good,and the plug is new,and plug wire looks good.Would the "shorting" burn out the coil? And will a 500 coil fit a 415?Sorry for the long winded post.I like the saw, but there is no place not even ebay that has a coil for this saw.Just wondering if another would fit from a 500..Thanks all!!

I’m no expert so verify. I looked up parts on the Shindaiwa site and it looks like the numbers for the coil are the same on both saws.

There is a used coil for the 500 on eBay.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m no expert so verify. I looked up parts on the Shindaiwa site and it looks like the numbers for the coil are the same on both saws.

There is a used coil for the 500 on eBay.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks ...i didnt look for the numbers i was looking for the origional 415 coil...just come to me that i should ask here.

I got spark to the plug,from coil.I seen someplace where you can spin the flywheel with a drill and sometimes get the coil to boot up...well it did,and the saw is working.Now,for how long lol,,i guess ill see.Thanks !

There is a used 500 coil on eBay.
I’ve had some luck with chainsawr.com. He doesn’t show any in stock at the present time but I’ve called him before and gotten stuff he hadn’t listed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5b6d7304f9197d6eb646b9c3430bbb6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back