42 TON Splitter - what do you think it's worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd paint it up nice with red Tremclad (wheel rims too) and take pics and post it for $3000 and see what comes of it.
What's the distance from ram end to wedges? Looks pretty long like over 24".
Maybe some wood boiler or OWB owners would be interested in it if it can split longer rounds.

30" stroke - I remember the dual pumps- swapped them out for a single. That other splitter was pretty interesting

I think I will paint like timberwolf - grey color with red.

Below are pictures of the splitter, I took your suggestion on the colors.

I think I went a little over kill on the painting it.

Will be listed for sale soon - super HEAVY DUTY.

I need to install the tonnage stickers yet to the machine .

Log lift works good - lifted me up on idle, i weigh 205lbs

splitter for sale 1.JPG splitter for sale 2.JPG

Thanks - I tried taking the time to really clean the unit and sand smooth prior to the enamel paint. I used the tractor implement enamel paint, not cheap but the stuff is really hard / tough paint. Tough to see but I added some candy metal flake to paint, nothing like having a hot looking splitter. So you will see it on ebay for sale and maybe the trader' post forum as well.

I may be a bit critical, but you

1) need a divider between the fuel tank and the battery.
2) rebar? Why?....
3) put real jacks on the front and Rear

I think the divider is a bit critical, the next owner can install a batter box if he or she desires.
The rebar is needed to hold the steel weights - I needed more tongue weight when towing at high speeds.
The jack in the rear works very good due to the changes in the ground level - I typically have this hooked up to my kubota tractor hitch since in 40 mins I have a face cord split and need to move the splitter to a new location to keep splitting while my son stacks the split wood :clap: Amazing what I can get him to do for a couple of bucks plus it wears out his energy.

Thank you for the comment - I need to add some graphics then we shall see what the market will bear for the unit.

Get some video of it working some ridiciously knotty piece of wood and have some wood on site when you sell, that way someone can "test" it out. Nice Rayco in background, the little bit of knowledge I know about hem is they are very good splitters. Nice splitter po rn!!!!

Below are pictures of the splitter, I took your suggestion on the colors.

I think I went a little over kill on the painting it.

Will be listed for sale soon - super HEAVY DUTY.

I need to install the tonnage stickers yet to the machine .

Log lift works good - lifted me up on idle, i weigh 205lbs

View attachment 424558 View attachment 424559
NICE!!!!

I think the rebar looks cheesy and amateurish. You said diamond plate tank, that is far from diamond plate. Also in your original description you list the tires. Why? one is bald heaving in center and they are some cheap thing anyhow. The bent pipe on the back also looks cheap and would be a turn off for me.

Back