420 cc predator engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duwed

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thinking about picking one up at the local HF.They are on sale till the end of the month for
299.95w/ coupon,was wondering if anyone had experience w/this engine & what pump bracket would work with this application.
I have a 22gph haldex looking for a partner.
Thanks for any help....

Got the 346 cc on a 16 gallon pump . Just 1 season on it , Been real happy so far . The only 2 things I notice was , gas cap was loose acting like a plug fuel vent ,over filled it with fuel then it flooded need to kept the fuel down at least 1 inch from the top.Last summer never had to choke it

Thinking about picking one up at the local HF.They are on sale till the end of the month for
299.95w/ coupon,was wondering if anyone had experience w/this engine & what pump bracket would work with this application.
I have a 22gph haldex looking for a partner.
Thanks for any help....

I just bought one of these for a sawmill project.Haven't hooked it up yet. I bought on the advise of my local small engine/ sawshop owner who has been using them (the smaller Predator engines)for replacements on tillers and stuff.I looked at HF's website and they don't even show the 420cc anymore.Is it being discontinued? Is there a major flaw with that engine?I sure hope not.I'm think about picking up another one next month if they haven't run out.That's a heck of a deal for that sized engine!

ive had one on my splitter for two years now, only problem i ever has was the fuel filter in the bottom of the tank clogged and it wouldnt run, other then that no complaints its done around 200 cord so far

What size pump are you running with your 420cc engine, also what pump bracket are you using?

Back