43degrees: burning off the new pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobcatter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Everyone that is itching for the burning season to start: it is 43 degrees out (August!) with a high in the low 70's today. Perfect time to do a pre burn to check everything out and burn the smell off the new stove pipe! I put a new 6 inch metalbestos chimney in this summer and figure I better make sure..... My wife is warm and toasty, the windows are open and ... yes, there was a smell, so I am glad I am doing it. :givebeer:

I've done 2 fires so far with my new woodfurnace. I'm still waiting on about 300 dollars worth of electronics to finish the installation, but none the less the fires look great. When it gets cooler, I will do a larger fire and be ready for the winter.

That reminds me - I need to put in a new chimney liner. Bought it last winter, and it's been sitting up in the attic, so I forgot about! I really didn't want to put it in in the winter...

56 degrees last night in a certain part of the lonestar state.

opened the windows and slept like a baby.

It chilled down to a frosty 84 deg. last night in this certain part of the Lone Star State....... :cheers:

xtm

I hate new stove pipe. last time I smoked up the whole house for what seemed like a week. And every time you have a little hotter fire than you ever had before it burns off some more. Next time I need a new stove pipe I think I'll season it outside on a bon fire. Good idea doing it now while you don't mind having the windows open.

The folks from the northern latitudes just don't understand what a big difference that makes..... :)

xtm

Yeah, but your 100 is our 80 :dizzy: This summer I am really getting used to the cool temperatures, I can work outside all day in a T-shirt when it is in the 50's and 60's. By the time it gets to 80, I am "done". 85 is "impossible" for everyone around here. I lived in the south for a few years and remember coming back from a ball game- I was shivering with a jacket on, checked the thermometer, and it was 55! Ha, that's funny, it is all relative to your 20 degree comfort range I guess.

I hate new stove pipe. last time I smoked up the whole house for what seemed like a week. And every time you have a little hotter fire than you ever had before it burns off some more. Next time I need a new stove pipe I think I'll season it outside on a bon fire. Good idea doing it now while you don't mind having the windows open.

I haven't had too much problems with new stove pipe. I for sure, if I ever put in a new stove, will fire that up outside a couple times!

Harry K

Everyone that is itching for the burning season to start: it is 43 degrees out (August!) with a high in the low 70's today. Perfect time to do a pre burn to check everything out and burn the smell off the new stove pipe! I put a new 6 inch metalbestos chimney in this summer and figure I better make sure..... My wife is warm and toasty, the windows are open and ... yes, there was a smell, so I am glad I am doing it. :givebeer:
Dam cold 43, I have had temps of 50s the last two nights and had to light the stove with no sun during the day the house was 68 during the day and 64 at night But today the sun is shining I think it felt cold because the last two weeks it has been close to 90 or in the 80s. And my electricity bill showed that by running the air.
I have to work on the heater for my camper something wrong with it better now than hunting season.
Some weather trivia for ya I seen on new's the Calgary area recorded Canada's lowest humidity a 6% it was a few years ago some time in the 80s it does get dry here and it sucks the moister out of my precious pine lol.

Back