440 b starting problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

team117

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 440 b skidder that has developed a problem in the steering system. If you open the bleed port for the steering system and turn the wheel full right it will crank over and start fine. If you just try to start it normally it will barely turn over and if it can turn over fast enough to fire it will rip the wheel out of your hands and turn one turn to the right but the machine does not turn. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should look at to fix the situation. I have bled the steering and it did not help the situation. Any help would be apreciated.

Does yers have the pump shut off valve? Should be a wing nut lookin thing top side of the pump right in front, screw it down righty tighty until ya meet resistance plus a turn or so, bipasses the overpreasure valve so the pump wont build pressure.

Barring that sounds like an issue with the stearing valve, or perhaps the plumbing of hoses to the stearing valve.

Think there might be something about not turning the wheel when bleeding it too

Sounds like your pump has a load on from the steering or possibly the blade make sure all the shuttles are in the neutral position.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back