441c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that ericm.I can get that off the net?
I thin the reset is:

Start the saw, don't touch the throttle and leave the switch in the start postion. Let it idle for 60-90 seconds. Shut it down. Start it up and make five healthy cuts. I think the idle+shutdown resets the M-tronic to the default settings and the cuts allow it to perform some adaptation. You can also take it to a dealer and they can plug it in and reset it.

Ive uswd more hyway kits then meteor. But ive used way more meteor pistons then hyway when just doing pistons. I really think hyway has better plating

Ive uswd more hyway kits then meteor. But ive used way more meteor pistons then hyway when just doing pistons. I really think hyway has better plating
Hi Smokey,$20 difference between hyway and meteor kits here.
May or may not keep the saw,so do you think hyway would be OK?
I know opinions are like *#&holes,everyone has one but I listen to them anyway.
End result might be "your saw do what you want" and that's OK.
Haven't heard any one say yet no way would I put $200 into a 441c.
If I did sell I think I would get my money back.
Cheers,Chris.

Hi Smokey,$20 difference between hyway and meteor kits here.
May or may not keep the saw,so do you think hyway would be OK?
I know opinions are like *#&holes,everyone has one but I listen to them anyway.
End result might be "your saw do what you want" and that's OK.
Haven't heard any one say yet no way would I put $200 into a 441c.
If I did sell I think I would get my money back.
Cheers,Chris.
Okay then.....for cylinders.....OEM only.
Meteor for piston is fine.
Aftermarket cylinder caught a ring......now only OEM

An new OEM cylinder here would be $400+ at a guess.
No one here (down under) seems to want to give up good OEM cylinders (me included).
So to me that leaves meteor,hyway,tacsum or others.

Another question-can I use a normal 441 carby on this saw?
I have good spark when pulling the saw over with carby wires disconnected but don't know for how long this would last.
Cheers,Chris.

I dont know what meteor plates the jugs with but hyway is probably the toughest ive ever seen. As long as the timing is proper and the shapes are good they should run as long as oem. Really. Its uo to you although i wouldnt sell it Atleast not rigjt away

Thanks for the replies.
I am not that big into degree wheel/port timing atm,so it would be just eye balling.
What are the hyway rings like?
If I had to but a hyway kit and the get caber rings the price is getting up there.

Priced an 441 P/C kit today at my local stihl shop-$708.

Cheers,Chris.

Back