• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 441cm-r with 28" stihl light bar $700 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardhat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sold.

Bought saw new in 2011 (when they first came out). It is on its 4th chain (bar flipped with each new chain). Been well taken care of. 92 octane no ethanol fuel mixed with Stihl HP Ultra at recommended ratio and always ran Stihl Orange Bottle bar oil. Saw runs great. Scratches on bottom are from the metal container in which it lives (last 2 pictures). Runs and cuts great. Have had no issues with saw at all. I don't know if it is an older M-tronic thing or not, but saw idles a little high (enough that chain moves a little) when it is cold. After it warms up for 1-2 minutes (tops), the idle speed drops to a nice slow speed just like it should. Not an issue at all. Posted video of cold start below as it is the only thing the saw does that seems a little odd, but has done this for as long as I can remember. Never had a hiccup. Also did a simple muffler mod (just drilled a couple of holes to open it up. See pictures.

Let me know if you are interested.

Old video from about 5 years ago of it cutting against a 5200

Larry Henderson

251-508-5724

Video of cold start. My daughter accidentally paused camera but you get the idea.

Let me know if you want any more info on saw. It is sitting on shelf as of now as my MS500i came today and will be my new go to saw.

Latest posts

Back