455 or the 460?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our state park guys use 20 yr old 455s and 460s and they are terrible at up keep of a saw , so by the sheer fact that these saws survive these guys says alot and hell ,a factory p/c is only 100$ for a 460 ,but you could probably just buy a running 455 for 150$ off craigslist and use it for 10 years and throw it over a hill when it needs fixed and buy 1 every year that you use the original one you bought and rebuild it for a total of 250$ basically a new saw . That would be the "100 year saw plan"
Or go buy a plastic saw that cost what a couple husqvarnas cost? Do you have too have new?

Our state park guys use 20 yr old 455s and 460s and they are terrible at up keep of a saw , so by the sheer fact that these saws survive these guys says alot and hell ,a factory p/c is only 100$ for a 460 ,but you could probably just buy a running 455 for 150$ off craigslist and use it for 10 years and throw it over a hill when it needs fixed and buy 1 every year that you use the original one you bought and rebuild it for a total of 250$ basically a new saw . That would be the "100 year saw plan"
Or go buy a plastic saw that cost what a couple husqvarnas cost? Do you have too have new?

I can't say that I followed it exactly, but I love the math in this post.

Back