455 Rancher Big Bore Piston and Cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdiguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has used the factory 460 Rancher piston and cylinder kit to make a big bore 455 Rancher. I've got one that is all but new, also straight gassed... I got the saw for a pretty reasonable price, so not afraid to put a little money in it, also should be worth a little more at 60cc?

Thanks for your wisdom. So it fits? I was looking to make sure it will work, rather than sarcasm.

Seems to me sometimes people can't do anything without checking with someone first. I have tried scores of different combinations with saws and never checked first to see if it was feasible. I just tried it and some worked and some did not. That is how you learn. Yea I know you want to make sure you don't make a mistake etc. If nobody tried it before how would you find out?

Easy, i wouldn't. Has little to do with making a mistake, more to do with having a piston and cylinder gathering dust, as a lesson. "Never checked to see if it was feasible", that's like saying you tried to put a 10 inch stroke crank in a block with a 9.8 deck height.

OK I get it. I have answered enough questions on this forum to help a lot of people. I haven't posted 3,000 messages and gotten 1,600 likes without helping somebody. The owner of this site says "what are your questions, ask here. but I have never seen him answer any question about saws. Guys like you and me do. He gets paid for every click and we do the work (or am I wrong about this?)
I would just like to see members do a little of their own thinking. Mike

OK I get it. I have answered enough questions on this forum to help a lot of people. I haven't posted 3,000 messages and gotten 1,600 likes without helping somebody. The owner of this site says "what are your questions, ask here. but I have never seen him answer any question about saws. Guys like you and me do. He gets paid for every click and we do the work (or am I wrong about this?)
If your this grumpy to be posting on an online forum you are just spending too much time here I think....
Unreal

First let me thank you sir as I’m sure you’ve helped way more people in this forum and I ever well I am just a novice wood cutter that burns wood in this house and I know very little.

i’m sure others appreciate your contribution

Though I understand where you’re coming from....a business is a business and that’s what this forum owner decide to take on to supplement his income.

Im a welder,
I get a fraction of the pay that the owner of our fab shop does.

The owner of this forum doesn’t need to know a damn thing about chainsaws to be the owner this forum.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your this grumpy to be posting on an online forum you are just spending too much time here I think....
Unreal
Lol, this was nothing. Start a few threads like this one that have been answered a half dozen times and could easily be found using the site's search function and you'll see the real Mike:laughing:

I guess i don't know who you are, or how many people you've helped. Just curious, did you're second post mention that i was a millennial? Then edit it out? Hate to blame my limited 2 stroke experience on a whole generation, that i'm not part of. I've had some experiences in the past where things that are supposed to fit, don't. But will with a couple thousand dollars of machine work. As for the deck height, well, it's just math.

tdiguy, glad to hear everything worked out with your saw.

Gotta love it when you go on a forum, any forum for that matter, trying to find the answer to something, and are told use the search function, google, or to just go for it and hope you don't screw something up $$$

Over the years, I've personally tried using the "SEARCH" function on various forums, everything from chainsaws to furnaces and other things in between.

What normally happens is you end up with a page or two full of hits.

So you start opening those links 1 by 1 and reading through old threads that are sometimes quite long, reading about everything under the sun pertaining to your model, EXCEPT, the specific problem that you are trying to find out.

Hell, half the posts in the threads your search pulled up are off topic BS, guys talking about the weather or some other nonsense, but you still must scan through them lest you miss something important!

So - undeterred you continue sifting through archived threads for hours on end, reading sometimes 100's of individual posts, and guess what ...

Although you've learned a lot of info regarding your particular model, and you've also learned what the freakin' weather was on a certain day in 2009, you still have not found the one simple answer you were looking for.

So you decide, hell with it, I'll just create a post and ASK my specific question, such as you did.

Guess what happens then?

Some supposed expert "gotta be an expert - they have 1000's of posts" (yeah right) ... you know the same one's who were posting in some of those old threads your search pulled up, about the weather and other non-relevant BS, quickly stand up on their high horse and tell you that your question has been answered a 100 times in old threads and you should just be using the SEARCH button to find it ..... or to just go with your gut and hope for the best.

Warning - if they get that upset at being asked a very simple, legitimate and pertinent question on a forum that pertains to said topic, you gotta wonder just how expert they really are ..... and also why they punish themselves by even logging on to said forum in the first place.

Probably only good at being a smart ask, and talking about the weather.... so you're best just to ignore them and move on.

Good luck with that saw.

Back