45cc saw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonw0586

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Trying to find my other half a saw..looking in the 40 to 45cc and 16 or 18...she wants to keep it as light as possible without it beig too slow in snaller wood.....we prefer stihl but open to huskys also what model do you guys and or gals prefer in this range?? We will pribbaly buy used or trade just tryinf to see what smaller models have a good rep... I havent much knowledge or info running saws around this size thanks for any info

The 542xp is extremely light and has quite a bit of zip once broken in. I have been eyeing one for a long time... It uses the redmax/zenoah engine which was never a husky original design as far as I know. What I do know is that the engine runs very well and the saw is built quite sturdy. Mweba did a video on it and was quite impressed once broken in.
It is the lightest pro saw husky offers, I think at like 8 or 9 pounds

The 542xp is extremely light and has quite a bit of zip once broken in. I have been eyeing one for a long time... It uses the redmax/zenoah engine which was never a husky original design as far as I know. What I do know is that the engine runs very well and the saw is built quite sturdy. Mweba did a video on it and was quite impressed once broken in.
It is the lightest pro saw husky offers, I think at like 8 or 9 pounds
Do you mean 543xp?

A 340, 346 Xp, 345, 350, 353, 359?

You can find a non running 350 saw cheap to fix?

Are you looking for a pro saw to be used hard pretty much every day or an occasional use firewood saw? Level of use (and type of wood / size) would be helpful input. Also, some idea of what you're looking to spend.
Duh on my part lol...Will be a a firewood saw but prolly be run 3 or 4 days a week.

It’s for that reason I e decided to save up and get the 500i. Don’t care for the new cool stuff necessarily but for the power to weight it’s nice

Back