• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4mm and 5mm Diamond Burrs / Stones for chain sharpening with Dremel & Rotary tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Pics are of 5mm - these can be used on .325 and 3/8 full

4mm stones are of same quality, are for use on 3/8 lo profile

I am offering these at a special discount to members here

THREE PIECES (3) of the 5mm stones are $5.45 (SHIPPING INCLUDED)

THREE PIECES (3) of the 4mm stones are $5 (SHIPPING INCLUDED)

Please read description below. I am the direct importer of these, FROM JAPAN. I am trying to buy my beautiful girlfriend a ring and thought I might be able to make some extra sales here.

Paypal or USPS Money orders or well concealed cash accepted.

I would prefer paypal as BOTH you and I will be covered with buyer protection.

2015-01-20 16.03.27.jpg 2015-01-20 16.02.12.jpg 2015-01-20 15.59.34.jpg

These will NOT LOSE THEIR SHAPE OR GO OUT OF ROUND AS ALL THE NATURAL STONES DO. They are also very reasonably priced including shipping.

Absolute highest quality available. 120 grit- 3 Pieces - Auction is for THREE INDIVIDUAL BITS
Standard 1/8" shaft

These will work on your standard 3/8 chain (full not lo-pro) AND on .325 chain (narrow kerf NK or regular)

I understand that .325 would generally take a 3/16" file, and 3/8 full a 7/32" file - however, these can be used for both, and it is recommended for a longer lasting edge over the smaller sizes that some use. Chainsaw chains are better with a DURABLE LASTING EDGE over a THIN EDGE. Trust me, I do this for a living.

USE THESE FOR SEMI CHISEL - CHAMFER CHISEL - FULL CHISEL round ground

Works well on all brands of chain - STIHL - CARLTON - ECHO - HUSQVARNA - OREGON and others.

FITS ALL DREMEL - CRAFTSMAN - OR EQUIVALENT ROTARY TOOLS/DRILLS with the 1/8" collet or chuck - 1/8" shaft

It took me, a professional sharpener, years to find this level of quality. I have tried EVERYTHING on the market.

This auction is for THREE individual diamond bits. Compare at $6-20 EACH for equivalent brand name carbide or diamond "stones" or bits.
I have TRIED THEM ALL - FOR 3/8 full - .325 NK narrow kerf or regular Profile Chains.

THESE ARE THE BEST OUT THERE.

THESE WILL NOT CREATE ANY HEAT IF USED AS I INSTRUCT BELOW. I actually put my finger on the tooth to hold it steady to get a perfect angle.

IF USED PROPERLY (No heavy pressure applied) these will last longer than all brands made as well.

It is very simple, when you apply this stone to the chainsaw chain tooth (PREFERABLY at 9,000-20,000 RPM setting on your dremel or equivalent) ALL YOU NEED IS LIGHT PRESSURE. Use magnification and prove it to yourself. These strip metal FAST - SUPER FAST - even at the mild 120grit (I can get 60 grit but no good for saw chains) and usually it takes about 1 or two ONE SECOND taps to sharpen each tooth. NO HEAT is created. REMEMBER to PAY ATTENTION TO THE TOP and corner areas when you are sharpening, you need to develop a burr on the top plate and edge/side plate.

These are quite durable, I have tested some pretty extremely and the BOND of the diamonds to the steel/bit is really superior to anything out there. This factory has nailed the application. These will not deform or develop a "groove" like stones. These will last for many many chains EACH, if NOT subjected to heavy pressure for prolonged periods on each tooth. Just use them as I describe and you won't need to buy anymore for a while. Unless you lose them.

KEEP YOUR ANGLE CORRECT - USE MAGNIFICATION FOR PROOF!!!!!! THESE ARE THE BEST - I use no guides - I have the original one that I bought a year ago and it has done over a hundred chains and it still removes metal well without using any pressure other than a light tap per tooth. Again, if you only use these on chainsaw chains, I won't see you for a while. It takes me about two or three minutes per chain up to 20" - and the edges LAST AND LAST AND LAST. Even rocked out edges are quickly repaired.

Don't forget to FILE THE RAKERS - DEPTH GAUGES - after you sharpen the teeth. I prefer a flat file for this, but the diamond bits will work.

These will fit the standard 1/8" dremel or rotary tool.

Apply LIGHT PRESSURE when using these, they strip metal fast. Use on standard 3/8 full or .325 narrow kerf or NK size chains or for any metal removal. Works on plastic, wood, anything really. I know, these are 5mm and .325 narrow kerf and regular are 4.8mm and 3/8 full is 5.5mm. I have used these for years, and they work well.

If you use a 4.8mm file or a 5mm or 6mm file (standard 3/8ths full round file) these are the bits for you. Cut your sharpening time to seconds per tooth with a LONG LASTING edge. LEAVE THE CHAIN ON YOUR SAW. Another two to four minutes saves

Just pay attention to the bottom of the tooth on the 3/8 full chain. Make sure to make a quick pass to keep the bottom rounded to the link section. This area need not be sharp - its only function is chip clearance - alternately you could remove that spot with one strong swipe with a regular round file. Your main focus is to make a clean top plate edge and corner edge on semi or full chisel chain. The "gullet" needs separate attention each sharpening, as well as the rakers, of course.

Once you try these and realize THEY DON'T CREATE HEAT WITH LIGHT PRESSURE TOUCH AND THEY ARE LONG LASTING you wont waste money with my competition.

Back