4x4 bucket truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love those porty lifts but I'd worry about getting swatted over on a big td by a swinging limb being lowered or butt hitched. Plus I ain't got $160k like MDS gots. 58971_576908485736927_596463284_n.jpg

Love those porty lifts but I'd worry about getting swatted over on a big td by a swinging limb being lowered or butt hitched. Plus I ain't got $160k like MDS gots. View attachment 766625

Lol. You hit on a good point there, though. It’s definitely a different kind of cutting working out of the lift. The learning curve is a little stressful, no doubt. I’m seeing how the limitations balance out (and way exceed) with the advantages now though. The reach and maneuverability on both the ground and in the air is something you need to work with for a while to fully appreciate. But yes, you gotta watch your ass on a 100’ oak cuz swatting would be some end game stuff. Lol.

That’s an awesome truck! I spied it yesterday on their site. Very cool. Like a new age Stubs. Even if a little rough, could be worth bringing back to its former glory for sure. I saw where altec was asking 280k+ for that same basic truck new a couple years ago. (Which doesn’t make sense cuz my elevator was much less than that, but whatever. Must be the tires).

If you were doing city cut backs and it started snowing real hard you could plow and continue the cut backs and get paid twice in the same day? Excellent! Arboristing and plowing...sweet!

Lol. You hit on a good point there, though. It’s definitely a different kind of cutting working out of the lift. The learning curve is a little stressful, no doubt. I’m seeing how the limitations balance out (and way exceed) with the advantages now though. The reach and maneuverability on both the ground and in the air is something you need to work with for a while to fully appreciate. But yes, you gotta watch your ass on a 100’ oak cuz swatting would be some end game stuff. Lol.

That’s an awesome truck! I spied it yesterday on their site. Very cool. Like a new age Stubs. Even if a little rough, could be worth bringing back to its former glory for sure. I saw where altec was asking 280k+ for that same basic truck new a couple years ago. (Which doesn’t make sense cuz my elevator was much less than that, but whatever. Must be the tires).

Bought the newer one ('11) with your favorite paint just slapped on. The balloon tire unit was Ghandi.

DSCF3540 (2).jpg

Sweet!! That thing looks to be the same wheelbase as Stubs was. Mine had the corner of the toolbox notched out (for lack of better word) for the front of the rear spring shackle due to the cab to axle being so short (I think I measured it at 83” or something like that). You’re probably better off without the big tires.

Does it run a pony motor? That’s one thing about my new truck, man that thing guzzles the fuel. Running the lift more is a nice change with regards to that. Every two days is like four gallons. Lol

No pony motor but hell my travelling radius is about 6 miles so make up for it there. Definitely plan to ride some high end lawns this week. Pitchfork and a blower and good as new lol. Happy Halloween to all! safe_image.gif

Goes where even you can imagine, but not in your price range.
What does a little kitty cat like that run dollar wise? We had a local who rented a 70 footer on a trailer with outriggers and he had it on his lot up in the air. It was sort of scary looking. Haven’t seen it in awhile. Maybe insurance was too much or someone tipped it over.

Back