5/12/07 central Mass rec climb report

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is my rope guide/ friction saver. My redirect is on the rear of my saddle. You can see it as the biner/sling and double pulley.

I use to keep a 25" lanyard daisy chained up. That could work. But why not just use the other end of your climbing line with a monkey fist or just tie a throw bag to it and set it.

Started a new thread on the subject.
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=49831
Yes, to using the other end of the rope. This is what I will try today if I get the chance. No biggy, jsut trying out new ideas.

Definitely am liking the new climbing hobby. Love the way my thinking works after getting down from the tree. Really stirs up the cobwebs. I am very happy to be over my initial fears. I am gaining confidence in getting into the tree, now I am looking into getting around up there. I am lucky to have this particular tree in the yard at my shop. Other trees I have had the opportunity to climb have not had the challenge.

A picture would be nice...

It sounds like your problem is a congestion of small limbs that make it hard to set a line or move up. I always take a small saw when climbing a new tree (my own trees!) because there is always a lot of dead stuff in the way. White pines are especially bad. You not only give the tree some needed pruning, but you end up with a tree that is easy to set a line in and easy to climb.

Back