5:30 am

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much for a $10 bag? So he calls you early and then expects a discount. And only wants a small bag because he’s going to buy a cord from someone else later in the day.
I don’t know how you guys in that business do it. It’s like dealing with craigslist people all day long

Had some nut call me at 5:30 am wanting to come get wood and asked how much for a 10 dollar bag. I said 10: am till 6 pm 10 dollars but 150.00 since you woke me up in the middle of the night.
They never called back lol

I set my phone so I don't get calls at odd hours.

I'd get people wanting to "flex" that they are hard workers? and call at 4 or 5am. Sometimes dialing 4 or 5 times in a row even.
Or people thinking I'd be interested in delivering them $20 of wood at some random campsite in the woods 20 or 30 miles away at midnight.

I get a few business related calls early/late/on weekends but that’s crazy!

I mute my phone around 8 pm most days unless my wife is traveling or I’ve got a kid at a friends house. Need to be on call for those in case **** happens.

Gave an estimate on an extremely dead and rotten tree over a mobile home. Six months later I get a call at 2 30 am saying he wanted the tree cut right now. A bad storm was almost here. Thundering and lightening and wind was picking up and just starting to rain. He wanted it down before the storm hit. Somewhere in the middle of my very loud speech he hung up. I called him back at noon. I figured since he was up all night that he would be asleep then. He answered in a groggy voice. I commenced to finish my speech. He hung up on me again. I guess he didn't need it cut as bad as he originally thought.

The wood business is always crazy. People call wanting a deal on 2 cords. People call wanting a deal on a cord delivered during an ice storm. People call wanting to drop off an old chainsaw for me to fix for them. I have got to where I tell them sure, but I’m way way behind and i just stick it in my sea container never to be seen again. People want their chains sharpened, that I don’t mind at all, I’ll take $7 or a 6 pack each for 5 min of work all day. People call to give me that dead Mulberry tree in their yard “for the wood”.
I love love it when I show up and someone points out how their rack is exactly the size of whatever wood they ordered and that they are only paying for how much wood is in it. I always stop unloading when it’s full and take the rest home.

Latest posts

Back