• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Want to Sell 500 -600 plus chain saws for sale

Agr516

Agr516

ArboristSite Operative
There's only so much sorry a man can feel for someone. Yeah it sucks they let alcohol or drugs or anything for that matter take a hold of them so hard to ruin thier lives. Fact of the matter is none does that to a person, it's a cognitive choice in the beginning not to do what's right. My father ruled his household with an iron fist, you didnt step out of line very far before he put you back in place. My brother @astnmacgto can vouch for that. So I grew up knowing how to be man enough to make the right choices. People act like it takes an act of God to be a man and make the right call, when on the contrary it's pretty damn easy to do what's right and be a stand up, walk tall,hold you head up high, look you in the eyes kinda man. Sorry for the rant I'll be done now.
Perfectly stated.

bulletpruf

bulletpruf

ADVANCED CAD!
I have had some dealings with Bill. Mostly back and forth about saws that I wanted and he had and he was too busy to dig them out and/or they were overpriced. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

If I recall correctly, Bill and I only did one deal -- I bought an NOS Stihl Contra 66 mm jug and piston from him. Super hard to find. And I paid dearly for it. But it was as pictured, as advertised, and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Yes, I also found him to be gruff and ornery, but he did follow through on his deal with me.

As for his current situation, it certainly seems like he spiraled out of control. I've seen that happen to folks before, and it's not pretty. I just hope his saws don't end up getting stolen or scrapped. And I hope it doesn't end up as one of those, "well, when I went to prison, my wife sold 500 of my chainsaws for a dollar apiece..."

I sure hope he turns things around with his life and his family.

Oldengr

Oldengr

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was in contact with Bill when this thread started but after a couple of back and forth he said had not gotten the saw out and I would have to wait so I was lucky with no money sent. I hope that Beavis and anyone else that sent money can find away to get it back or the items they purchased. I don't know the legal aspects of this but in my opinion now is not the time to contact his wife. If she is willing to help she may not have the ability to do anything or she could be so fed up with the situation that she doesn't want to hear about it especially since she was gone before this thread started. I think the best thing to do is contact local police or consult with a lawyer to find out how to take action against someone who is incarcerated. Just my opinion.

Madsaw

Madsaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
Wow, is all I can say. I like how some showed support when Bill first posted. Few circled for some cheap saws. Now many are throwing him under the bus.
We all have our demons. Many keep them in check. Bill had a rough year last year. But, the way I always thought of Bill he keeps things close and didn't work through them. It ate him up and this is the result. I've known Bill for many years. I talked with him and his wife and kids. We didn't see eye to eye. We done some buying and selling together.
I feel he was just overwhelmed with his problems. He turned to what he did. Thankfully he was strong enough not to do what some would have.
So before being rough on someone. Think about yourself where would you turn when everything goes to hell.
Bill has been a great part of these saw communities over the years. I will vouch to say he's not out to screw anyone over

stihl sawing

stihl sawing

MAD DOG
I don't think he's out to screw anyone, he will probably take care of it somehow, never dealt with the man, the problem I have is his endangering peoples lives while driving. seen too many people killed by drunk drivers. apparently he has been doing it a long time. he wants to drink that's fine, stay off the friggin roads. I do wish him well and hope he can straighten his life out, sometimes life can be tough. doesn't mean getting drunk will help it. speaking of where I would turn, my wife has dementia, have to deal with it everyday, it's tough. Alcohol won't make it go away, so yeah we all have problems.

Sparkysparks9

Sparkysparks9

ArboristSite Guru
I have purchased a few saws from Bill. Always straight to the point, no bs. If he wasn’t happy with a price, he’d let you know. I may have caught him at his good times through my transactions.
It’s a bummer to Hear that he has spiraled out of control. Looks like a lot of it was brought upon himself, though.
Driving while intoxicated gets no sympathy from me. I have had a few close friends hit by drunk drivers...one badly hurt, the other no longer with us.
I do hope he can get himself figured out...for the sake of the relationship between his wife(ex), and his kids.
Hoping that you fellas that have saw deals with him, that have not been completed, can get taken care of.

Cease232

Cease232

ArboristSite Guru
Wow, is all I can say. I like how some showed support when Bill first posted. Few circled for some cheap saws. Now many are throwing him under the bus.
We all have our demons. Many keep them in check. Bill had a rough year last year. But, the way I always thought of Bill he keeps things close and didn't work through them. It ate him up and this is the result. I've known Bill for many years. I talked with him and his wife and kids. We didn't see eye to eye. We done some buying and selling together.
I feel he was just overwhelmed with his problems. He turned to what he did. Thankfully he was strong enough not to do what some would have.
So before being rough on someone. Think about yourself where would you turn when everything goes to hell.
Bill has been a great part of these saw communities over the years. I will vouch to say he's not out to screw anyone over
This may be the most ridiculous thing I read today. People were supportive when they thought he was getting a divorce not repeatedly endangering lives and assaulting his wife. To defend this type of behavior is bizarre and outright insane.
In the nearly 10 years I've been apart of this site I've seen Bill be rude, condescending, and just plain mean on most posts and to most people. Guess out definition of "great" is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

panolo

panolo

Seldom right...Always opinionated!
Never dealt with Bill but the only way you will probably get anything purchased for years is if he bonds out and than he may be taken straight to another county and have to post bonds there. If you did a transaction through paypal I would be trying to get my money back. From my experience he won't be seeing the light of day for many years unless the charges are severely reduced.

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice

Addicted to ArboristSite
Never dealt with Bill but the only way you will probably get anything purchased for years is if he bonds out and than he may be taken straight to another county and have to post bonds there. If you did a transaction through paypal I would be trying to get my money back. From my experience he won't be seeing the light of day for many years unless the charges are severely reduced.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but society will take care of Bill.. We need to circle the wagons around his family and possessions to keep the vultures away.. He needs to know that things are being handled on the outside by responsible people that he can trust. Granted, one DUI is forgivable, but line is clearly crossed at 4, or 5..what has happened has happened.. Let's move on and handle each situation as it arises.. Just saying.

svk

A little bit of everything
I have purchased a few saws from Bill. Always straight to the point, no bs. If he wasn’t happy with a price, he’d let you know. I may have caught him at his good times through my transactions.
It’s a bummer to Hear that he has spiraled out of control. Looks like a lot of it was brought upon himself, though.
Driving while intoxicated gets no sympathy from me. I have had a few close friends hit by drunk drivers...one badly hurt, the other no longer with us.
I do hope he can get himself figured out...for the sake of the relationship between his wife(ex), and his kids.
Hoping that you fellas that have saw deals with him, that have not been completed, can get taken care of.
I think you guys both make some great points and some that I do not agree with.

I have had people close and dear to me affected by alcohol. Some of them were able to escape it's grasp and some did not. Substances take hardworking, honest people and removes their will to really do anything. Some just get indifferent and some turn to the dark side.

To speak frankly, IMO Bill was less than friendly on the forums for the last few years. He was terse with me during our communication even before I sent him money for my parts deal. But he had NOS parts I wanted and the price was substantial but fair. And when I asked for my money back over two months later he tried to blame me for the sale going sour. I did not hold a personal grudge against him about this even before all of this other stuff came out. And I still do not. And now I can only hope that his family will be ok through all of this, especially his kids.

I had not posted my less than positive experience with him when I first saw this thread come up as I hoped he had turned over a new leaf and was serious about selling his stuff to better his life. Perhaps he was serious but ended up in jail before he could get things going or maybe he was just going to collect money and sit on it like he had in previous deals. We do not know.

Forgiveness is good. There are still a few people in this world I can probably never forgive for what they have done to me and/or my family but I try to let go the smaller stuff as I age because it is just not worth it to hang onto that anger. Bill's less than straightforward saw dealings are minuscule compared to what may have happened if he caused a fatality behind the wheel, so thank God that he didn't. Side note, one wonders how someone got away with so many of those without already being behind bars but the lawmakers need to address that.

Sorry for the long post. Again if you can spare some positive thoughts, please direct them towards his (ex)wife and kids. Bill's personal situation will take care of itself and it certainly sounds like drinking will not be an issue for a long time.

svk

Please don't take this the wrong way, but society will take care of Bill.. We need to circle the wagons around his family and possessions to keep the vultures away.. He needs to know that things are being handled on the outside by responsible people that he can trust. Granted, one DUI is forgivable, but line is clearly crossed at 4, or 5..what has happened has happened.. Let's move on and handle each situation as it arises.. Just saying.
Well said.

Yukon Stihl

Yukon Stihl

ArboristSite Guru
speaking of where I would turn, my wife has dementia, have to deal with it everyday, it's tough. Alcohol won't make it go away, so yeah we all have problems.
You have a tough situation ahead of you.My Mom had Altzimers .Stay strong and reach out to those that will help ease the weight you have to carry.If you ever need to unload...feel free to PM me. Thomas

svk

I do have sympathy the those affected by the choices of others . My heart breaks for kids, there innocent in all that. Makes me think about my nephew who lived with my wife and I bc he had an alcoholic father who finally after multiple DUI got put behind bars where he belonged. His mother wasn't making right choices either. It broke my heart but at the same time made me boiling angry bc that 4 year old boy deserved to have a father that was worth the damn and he wasn't given one. So I did everything I could while he was with us to teach him and just let him be alittle boy. I pray everyday for his well being bc he's no longer under our care, I'm hoping his mother will do what's right for her son and let him come back and let us raise him up to be a good man.

That being said when his father gets out of prison I'm going to put my boot in his throat so he understands there's a man in that boy's life now, thatll do whatever nessacary to keep him safe. And tell him it's time to be man and a father or give his son to me so I can be both for him bc he deserves every chance in this world
That is very honorable for you to step in and help the young man out. He will not forget it.

beavis331

beavis331

Wiggle wiggle wiggle
Thanks everyone for the support. I am not happy with Bill. I hope he gets his life straightened out. I am willing to wait him out. Sooner or later he will get out of jail. When he pops up again I will give him a word or two. I had apprehensions going into the deal. I guess next time I will be more careful. I have had a lot of great deals with you guys. Bought several saws and lots of parts from members here. All have been great deals. This is the first bad one. I am not gonna let one bad guy ruin a good thing.

You guys are great!

BigOakAdot

BigOakAdot

ArboristSite newb
I've found this community to be nothing but great. The few deals I've made here have gone super smooth and it's all just an honor system. Makes you feel better about the world in a way. A lot of good people out there.

As for bill he was rude to me because I was asking a lot of questions about the saw I inquired about. I was young and new and couldn't afford to drop hundreds of dollars on a saw that may need some work. He didn't seem to understand and acted like I was being a PIA. Oh well.

I hope the best for him and his family regardless of our differences. So is someone in contact with the wife and getting some of these saws sold?

stihl sawing

stihl sawing

MAD DOG
Really? I wouldn't get near the middle of that mess for love nor money. To hell with those chainsaws, l figure junk is going to outnumber any desirable's 10-1 anyway, maybe even 20-1.
Me neither, not a thing in that trailer I'd wanna get involved in that mess. it might get ugly.