500i recalled

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still on shelves here in OZ.

If you're replying to my post, tell the dealer you will help them out by relieving them of excess "obsolete" inventory.
Look for 025, 024, 026, 034, 036, 038, 044,046, 066. These are time proven saws with electronic ignitions. I stay away from anything with points and condenser.

Motorsäge mit Kraftstoffeinspritzung.....
Stihl redesignated their saws "MS"
in year 2000.
They don't sell any of those saws today, although I do know someone who was a distribution hub in the 1980's that has a half a pallet of 026's new, stihl in their boxes left.

Same in NZ as of a few days ago. I felt it up real good lol. Still not into plastic saws but the technology has me extremely curious
Haha I do the same when I go to my
dealer. I like the stihl “plastics” as they are actually a resin and fibreglass mix which makes them very strong and able to withstand stresses unlike conventional plastics.

Haha I do the same when I go to my
dealer. I like the stihl “plastics” as they are actually a resin based fibreglass whic makes them very strong and able to withstand stresses unlike conventional plastics.

Be rude not too really haha.

I don't doubt the strength of it at all I'm just on the old mac buzz the vibrations the sound the feel

The saw needs an endorsement before it can be great enough for the USA customers.

This might do it, but will he do it? Future ms500i customers can only wait and see... :D

Trump-Chainsaw.jpg

I didn’t know how old it was, and frankly don’t care. Overfueling like that is a serious issue, but likely not THE issue causing a “recall”.

Since the saw has only been pulled from a North American market (is that correct?) my guess is that it has something to do with EPA regs.

Stihlvagen....??

It might be safety tho.? Fires in the muffler would fall in there.. Liability fears? Who knows?

it is amusing, anyway.

it’s also amusing when industry people jump in to defend their brand regardless.

the saw has been pulled for now. Most of us could give a rat’s ass. There are still many good saws available. The saw in question here is setting a new price point for saw cost. This is bad. Also BS, cause it is way cheaper to have a fuel injection system than have a carburetor. The price should be less than comparable carbed machines, not 200 bux more.

anyway...

...what I heard (from possibly unreliable sources) in the European community is that there simply seems to be more demand than expected, so delivery to certain major markets is delayed in order to meet the more local demand - and NOT due to a quality issue. They probably felt they could not keep up production.

Sounds like quality problems with new designs?

Been there with the engineering groups. In the past they released a product without life testing it first. Lots of complaints but when the smoked cleared and the glitches were fixed the ones who bought it first wanted more.

Our sister company in japan doesn’t accept call backs and faulty products. They insisted we build a electronic failure annalsys lab in the US, we did and found mistakes in a world known electronics supplier product. The supplier was shocked an American company had this capability. We were famous and took in other electronic inspection work from other companies who experienced problems.

Never release a fine wine before its time.

Speaking with N2 Stihl Seller in italy....
Stihl knows exactly the number of chainsaw that has problem : because every repairer sends repair details to stihl
In europe the MS500i has got the lowest number of problem.

This Italian seller orders n12 MS500i for last december : all 12 gone.
Now he placed another order for 19 MS500i : he is waiting til end of this month, because the rate of production is insufficient for all the orders.

Ouch! Maybe for once we are lucky here in OZ, with dealer discount I can get the 20” bar for 1700 or the 25” bar for 1800. AUD is the same as CAD last time I checked
Yes, but these guys selling have imported them. They're still not available here from dealers. You can still get most of the mechanical parts for them as most of the parts are the same as the TS500i.

Latest posts

Back