500i recalled

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using the swag method, I would say beta testers had complaints. A lot of new tech on these the average bear will not be able to work on and very expensive to maintain. They maybe the cats meow eventually, but as of now I am setting back and see how they go. I have not seen any Stihls out yet any better than the ones that start with a zero if it is in good shape. I would like to purchase one of these eventually, but long term maintenance/longevity scares me still.

See that's what happens, he musta took out the spark arrestor.

See that's what happens, he musta took out the spark arrestor.

I think perhaps it was just running rich & the wet muffler got to the point of the unburnt fuels' combustion point and had a flash-over.

I really bet the "problem" the guy in the video is talking about is not the reason. We don`t know the reason, so everything is speculation. But that video is from December 18th 2018. So it would be good to verify first before posting something.

thats why I put the question marks.

and in my opinion a saw that does that shouldn't be used around anything flammable.

anyway, you seem a little touchy.

Very interesting. Heard the cranks were insufficient in these saws. But I read that on a facebook post so there might be nothing to it.

Be careful what you post, as the defenders of all things Stihl might come after you with their flippy cap-o-nine tails.

The heading is "Recall" but the description is"Withdrawal From Sale". Two different things.
The former is far more serious, only done due to non-compliance with regulations or risk of injury to operator or bystanders.
The latter could be merely because the quality of a single component has been found to be not up to standard.

I really bet the "problem" the guy in the video is talking about is not the reason. We don`t know the reason, so everything is speculation. But that video is from December 18th 2018. So it would be good to verify first before posting something.

A flair up is the least of this guy's problem. If he only loses his house he can count himself lucky. Maybe his body will cushion the blow of the tree landing on his home.

Latest posts

Back