55 link stretch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abs111999

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
the 55 link chains for the 170s stretch out after a while and exceed the adjustment max....pita
anything wrong with drilling another hole in the bar next to the original for a little more screw travel??

Might be over tensioning the chain at the start, and its best to relax the tension when through for the day. I had a problem with a customer and beam saw along these lines. 175 links of 404 full comp. They running the tension so high that they were over heating the blade as witnessed by the burn marks on the blade, stretching the chains out that I had remove 3 drive links to make useful again. I went through everything else on the unit as well before I told them it was operator error for the problem. They had to replace the blade as well ( $900). 7 ft+ long loops takes awhile to sharpen these.

The oil input hole will not connect to the oil input slot. Did you check before asking the question? Might be able to get a little more.

Bar tail to sprocket distance becoming excessive?

As long as you stay 3/8 inch or so from a spot weld normal drill bits will work. They can be sharpened. Slow,oil.

I use Oregon 3/8 .050 lp. Not the micro crap. Regardless of how hard brush can be on a chain this setup needs 54 plus a half link.
My chains are razor sharp.
When I cut firewood with my 034 it would shock someone to see how fast it cuts.
Its a pita to pull a link. Another expense buying replacement plates. What size plates are the Oregon 91?

Latest posts

Back