Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

550 and 562 bar replacement

Discussion in 'Bailey's' started by Shanman55, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:12 PM.

1. Shanman55

Shanman55 ArboristSite Lurker

Jul 15, 2016
    Im replacing the bars on my 550 and 562 both 16". Using and husky non maintnence bar on the 550 and so far so good and a oregon pro lite on my 562 with a 73lpx60g chain. Good for junking firewood as i do 200 to 300 chord per year.
    What is the best bar for the 562 in firewood. ? I blew the nose in the 18" pro lite and the 550 i use alot clear cutting fir and spruce. 16" .58 325pitch bar.
    Replacable noses are they worth it or do they just come loose and cause headache?
  2. Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc. Professional outdoor work gear & equipment

Apr 21, 2015
    Hi Shanman55,

The Powermatch bars are good bit heavier than the Pro Lite line but are tougher. A single rivet holds the replaceable sprocket nose on and they are easy to swap out. You pound that single rivet in with a ball peen hammer and it isn't going anywhere until you punch it back out. Oregon does have a new line of light weight bars called VersaCut.They are 20% lighter than the pro lite line and boast an extra layer of protection in the nose sprocket. That being said they are new and we haven't had much feedback on them yet. We also offer a replaceable tip Woodland Pro bar under the PowerMax line. You can see the options available using our bar selector http://www.baileysonline.com/shop.axd/BarSelector
  3. Duce

Duce Addicted to ArboristSite

Aug 29, 2013
    He forget to say they sell Cannon. Cannon's hold up well.