550 Xp Bar Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steadyj_17

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys looking at getting a new bar for my 550. I currently have a Husqvarna 508 9121 72 bar on it. It's a .325 and .058. I only use this saw for blocking a truck load of firewood logs once a year. I'm happy with the overall setup but was wondering if there is a better option for the bar. I also cant seem to find the current bar I have on the saw now. I'm not opposed to any on company over the other.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

If you are only cutting a load of wood a year you probably won't notice the benefit of buying a higher end bar. There are a number of bar manufacturers out there that offer good products. Oregon is kind of the gold standard bars (much of the Husqvarna bars were made by Oregon over the years) and others are either considered above or below Oregon. If you want a less expensive bar then Raisman, Trilink, or Forester would work fine. On the higher end, Tsumura, Total, or Cannon are going to be more expensive but will last longer under similar use.

Hey guys looking at getting a new bar for my 550. I currently have a Husqvarna 508 9121 72 bar on it. It's a .325 and .058. I only use this saw for blocking a truck load of firewood logs once a year. I'm happy with the overall setup but was wondering if there is a better option for the bar. I also cant seem to find the current bar I have on the saw now. I'm not opposed to any on company over the other.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Why do you want a new bar?

I would think the original bar, given your use, would last exactly "forever."

Roy

Husky makes half decent laminate bars, for that saw. They are grey lettered and sold at Lowe’s. mine came with a 20” that has held up very well.

thank you everyone for your responses... i guess i should have said that i have not worn out my bar at all. but this year i have decided moving forward that i would like to cut a truck and trailer load of logs now moving forward. so my plan was to have another bar ready just in case something did happen to the bar i have being it is my only one. i dont mine spending a bit of money on a quality product cause like some of you have mentioned i shouldn't have any trouble with bars. i do however my the end sprocket in my current bar very noisy.

opinions are welcomed and appreciated

thanks again in advance

When something hapens to your bar, have an other saw ready.
If it gets pinched, you can't get your bar back without unpinching it. For wich you probably need an other saw.
If your saw gets damaged, you'll need an other saw to continue filling that truck.
And ofcourse you need a third one to be able to unpinch that second saw in case the first saw is on holiday.
But having a spare bar at hand is a nice start.

Latest posts

Back