550xp mk2 hows you’re running?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
curious to see if anyone is having any running issues with the new mk2.

Seemed to be hit and miss with the original and slightly revised model.

You know I love me some 346's, but lately I've been grabbing the old 550xp. That pos is a fine cutting saw! & it has a damn primer bulb!:laugh:
I use the mtronic/autotune saws for jobs, but the old school cool saws for firewood duty as they are fun to run.
And heck yeah to the purge bulbs :rock:. Ask the guys running the 261 how many pulls they take, 2-3 for a pop on the 550's :clap:.

I use the mtronic/autotune saws for jobs, but the old school cool saws for firewood duty as they are fun to run.
And heck yeah to the purge bulbs :rock:. Ask the guys running the 261 how many pulls they take, 2-3 for a pop on the 550's :clap:.
Yeah man, I also like old school, but not a single issue here with the new stuff. I love the purge bulbs & AT! lol

I don't care for 346's. I know, what's wrong with you? Owned several and all moved on, like most do. Only own one non-primer bulb saw now.
One of my favorites was the 254, hit above a 346 enough to make a difference. I feel that's how the new 550 mk2 cuts with all the added perks that come with the new saws, heck I bet it will make nearly twice as many cuts as a 254 before needing fuel if the 254 is tuned where it likes to run which is pretty fat.
I really enjoy the 346 for limbing, the 550 mk1 is a dream for limbing too, the 261 :baba: but it is a good saw.
Yeah man, I also like old school, but not a single issue here with the new stuff. I love the purge bulbs & AT! lol
Me too.
When I bought my first early 550 (2013) it had an off idle bog, blip the throttle a bit and hit the wood and it was off to the races; never bothered me, what's the purpose of the rev boost if you ain't hitting the wood with it opened up anyway.

Back