555 HUSKY, buy it or?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ran my 562 w/28" full skip again tonite, only an hour but man its fun, I know most will say the bar is too big but thats what I like and the little bit it slows me down in smaller wood is soon forgot when tackling big stuff without changing bars. I just let gravity pull it through the cut and boy does this puppy rev!! I plan a muffler mod after its broke in and out of warranty. I have got it to start on second pull cold every time and 1st pull warm or hot since hamish educated me on the difference between choke and fast idle. I am mostly done cutting firewood for this summer and hope to find a tree ot two that need taken down to keep my saws exercized! I would love to run a 555 just to compare and also a bigger saw like a 372 . The only big saws I have access to are ms460's and I think they have a lot of power but just dont seem to have the smooth power but maybe nothing that powerfull is smooth!

I imagine it oiled the bar just fine?

If you have the need for a 28, it will do just fine. Thing is, who really NEEDS a 28 most of the time.....a 24 will do a 42" tree....or more if you are clever;)

Here is the thing. If you can do your own modifications, the 555 can be made to run like a stock 562. If you can't and need a 28 from time to time, buy the XP. Or just buy both, probably will eventually anyway lol

[video=youtube_share;R9xwNDQeWXI]http://youtu.be/R9xwNDQeWXI[/video]

spend the extra 100$ and get the 562 you cant go wrong .i was doing a little research before the chainspeeds around 69.0fts this is higher than the 3120 going bye the husky site.under load is where it matters as we know but pritty impressive little saw i think .

How long till the 2260 comes out? I just learned today that the local jred guy is closing but another local place is going to start carrying them in his place. Supposedly hes going to have inventory in a week or so. The xp is looking pretty good right now, just want to cover all my bases.
Btw, thanks for all the input guys.

How long till the 2260 comes out? I just learned today that the local jred guy is closing but another local place is going to start carrying them in his place. Supposedly hes going to have inventory in a week or so. The xp is looking pretty good right now, just want to cover all my bases.

I wish I knew the answer to that question. The 2260 is gonna be 1 sweet saw :msp_wink:

Could always build your own 560xp.....all the parts are available:D

I imagine it oiled the bar just fine?

With the oiler turned up it is just right for the 28 full skip, I am 6'1" and I am liking the reach with this long bar though I wish it were lighter. I have really enjoyed this saw every time it has been ran, I think it will keep me happy for at least a year! Wouldnt mind a big husky just for fun!

With the oiler turned up it is just right for the 28 full skip, I am 6'1" and I am liking the reach with this long bar though I wish it were lighter. I have really enjoyed this saw every time it has been ran, I think it will keep me happy for at least a year! Wouldnt mind a big husky just for fun!

Good deal. Ive yet to see a Husky not oil a bar well......on the other hand as far as a big Husky, I would highly recommend a tree money 390xp

Talked to my neighbor briefly yesterday who is a logger and he seems to think I would be disappointed with the 562xp. Hes got a 572 xp that he has had for like 7 years and he swears by it. Thing is, I think he may be looking at it from a logging standpoint. All the same, now I'm hedging again lol. Still got to check out the Jred dealer this week so maybe that trip will be the deciding factor, who knows.

I want a 572, always have wanted one. Go great next to my flux capacitor I've been holding onto.

Bought the 372 xp today and am very happy with it. Worked up one of the big oaks I've had down and it cuts like butter. Also tried it on some maple, pine, etc. lol. I think my final decision to go with the 72 was the fact that they've been around longer and it just felt more sturdy running. Prolly just all the new features on the 62 though. The extra power was attractive as well.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out picking a saw and answered all my questions, much appreciated :cool2:

I want a 572, always have wanted one. Go great next to my flux capacitor I've been holding onto.

TK, just wanted to tell you that you are wicked funny dude! I mixed up the model numbers since we were talking about 555's, ya snob.:yourock:

Last edited:
Btw, I bought the saw new from a Husky tech, should I just assumed its tuned correctly? I don't want to run it too lean but I don't know how or trust to tune it myself.

Latest posts

Back