555 HUSKY, buy it or?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, I bought the saw new from a Husky tech, should I just assumed its tuned correctly? I don't want to run it too lean but I don't know how or trust to tune it myself.

What the dealer should do is to check if it has the latest version of the Autotune software, and upgrade it if not.

Neither the dealer or you can tune it as such, but read the user manual regarding carb tuning and starting prosedure, as there are important info there.

Thanks sawtroll, I don't think the saw has autotune as I remember them saying that the 365 did and this one didn't. I did notice with my slip there was a big checklist of stuff they did to the saw which I assume is standard procedure and one of the checks was carb adjustment. I asked my neighbor who has the same saw and he said everything seemed fine. I've been running the saw everyday and don't want to bring it in if I don't have to. Did I mention I am very pleased with this saw? I find the weight to be a non-issue really and its really comfortable. So far it has done everything I have asked of it without complaint. I flooded it once cuz I was wearing my earmuffs while starting but it cleared out fast and otherwise cold starts in like 3 pulls total.

Thanks sawtroll, I don't think the saw has autotune as I remember them saying that the 365 did and this one didn't. I did notice with my slip there was a big checklist of stuff they did to the saw which I assume is standard procedure and one of the checks was carb adjustment. I asked my neighbor who has the same saw and he said everything seemed fine. I've been running the saw everyday and don't want to bring it in if I don't have to. Did I mention I am very pleased with this saw? I find the weight to be a non-issue really and its really comfortable. So far it has done everything I have asked of it without complaint. I flooded it once cuz I was wearing my earmuffs while starting but it cleared out fast and otherwise cold starts in like 3 pulls total.

The 555 and 562xp has autotune, the 365 (and 372xp) does not, and should be tuned by the dealer when sold, and again after about 10 tanks.

Latest posts

Back