562xp bar and chain selection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. Understood. I am running pretty much only semi chisel chains, will try the other types as well.
The Sugi Hara range looks sweet.
Nearest dealer seems to be more than 1000 miles from me. I need to research further.
Solid, milled bar sounds lovely.

20incher is plenty enough for me.

Probably less than 5 cords/year. Perhaps my stove isn't that hungry after all...

I know about the versacut, power match and armour tip. Most common here is Pro -lite.
Not overly exciting though...
Oregon is king of the jungle here in central Europe.

Funny I cannot find much about the new Husky X-force...

Something unexpected happened. Today I went to my local shop, asked for 562xp, seen it, tried it, and then the guy offered testing Stihl. Later, he actually sent me home. He refused to give me the husky and asked me actually to leave and think about it.

How cool is that!

The Stihl is sweet. Husky is sweeter. My opinion.

We cut some logs and, my honest opinion, husky is more aggressive. Attractive. In performance sort of way.

Anyway.

The new Xforce bars for the 3/8 aren't that new at all. Later on, I will check part numbers and some details, but now I think, that The smaller ones seems different, but the large ones seems identical to previous models. Just different branding.

X-cut chains are radically different. I bought one straight. Finally. Really new design!

But. The fact that he didn't tried to suck money out of me, makes him rather attractive.
Now he knows, that I will come back, I know that he is cool.

We looked at the new / last year chains and there is significant difference. Was there change in Husqvarna supply chain?

I went with a tsumura 20” and stihl rs chain and have been very pleased with it. I have a couple of these bars and really like them as they’re both light and durable (so far). Here it is new:
e74ff676f9adc73851997f849d28075b.jpg

Looks really nice! Thanks for the great, clear pictures too.
Interested to hear your thoughts when you put it to work.
Thinking to buy a 562 before winter comes.

Tsumura Light&Tough (with lightening cutouts) is a great option - but I haven't seen those sold anywhere close to cheap. I don't know if the light Model currently is available as Total branded.
Sugi light would be second choice, by a narrow margin.

The chain of choice would be Oregon 73LPX/Husky H42, but Stihl 35RS and Oregon 73LGX aren't bad choices either.

I'm not updated on what has happened in the market the last couple of years though, so I may well have missed something.

Choose a 20" bar semi-chisel for dirty wood and full chisel for clean wood. I live on a sand hill and only run full chisel or square ground on my 562, just swipe off the dirt. Techlite is a nice bar, rather run a Cannon. Laser, Frostbite and Oregon seem to be bars sold by most dealers around here.

I run a full chisel on a 20" Cannon bar, but Cannon's are a heavy bar. Techlite is a nice bar, semi-chisel for dirty wood, full for clean. Area here is mostly sand and I run full chisel only, just swipe sand off. Techlite, Laser, Frostbite and mostly Oregon are sold in this area. Tree service friend of mine runs Techlite on 4 T540's and never heard him complain about them, he also only runs full chisel.

Not all Cannon bars are heavy, but the last time I was up to date on the subject the quality of the China made tips still was an issue?

Back