562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Follow-up:
It was pointed out by one f te posters on here that I never said anything about getting the saw fixed. I ended up shipping it out to Terry who got with Husky and warrantied my saw. I now have a spanking new EL48 on there and the off-idle bog is gone. It idles exactly as it should (for well over 30 seconds) and actually got a bit more high end pull as well. I am ecstatic about the saw and how it performs. I also couldn't be more pleased about the interaction with Terry, even though I forgot to send the check for about a week after I said I would, (SORRY AGAIN TERRY!!!). Since I've gotten it back I've only fired up the 372 once as I haven't been in big enough trees to justify it's shrill whistle and additional power/weight. It's a keeper.

Thank you again Terry!!!!!
ps: Is there a Wicked work saws T-shirt, like the ones that Randy has? I'd buy one.

Great news!

That says alot husqvarna's comitment to be the best doesn't it? Reallly isn't alot of them, You must be high or something, husqvarna's always the best blah blah blah, then when they f up it's the competitions fault. I would take a echo over that series of husqvarn/jonsered with out thinking twice.

That's a post that says more about the poster, than what he is posting about. No further comment!

Glad to hear you got it fixed, now you can enjoy it!!! Did U get it ported while it was there???
I thought about it Mike, but honestly I'm pretty happy with the saw as-is although it does have a muffler done up by Randy's Son John which makes a difference. It will likely be ported someday when I get bored with it's current level, but I'm actually very satisfied with it. Hell I'm over the moon just to have it running correctly and dependably. 7 tanks since Terry and it's been flawless.

Here I go again. Hot or cold, doesn't matter. I finally got the cold hesitation problem fixed by having the carb replaced with an EL 44. Well, mostly fixed. Still has a slight hesitation in cold weather but it's tolerable. About a month ago, I was sawing in high 80 degree temperatures and stopped to refuel. After finally getting it restarted, it took a couple of minutes to smooth out and run right but ran fine the rest of the day. Two weeks ago I was using it on a big tree removal and stopped to refuel before running out. No matter what, it wouldn't restart. It would start but not run long enough to get my hand to the throttle. This went on for about 5 minutes before I threw it back in the truck and picked up the 346. It wouldn't even pop. The thermometer on the truck said it was 97 degrees. Luckily I was only 15 minutes from home so I went back and got some dreamsicles. No problems the rest of the day. Finally dug the Husky's out this morning and they started and ran fine at 72 degrees. They don't seem to like cold or hot ambient temperatures. My dreamsicles just don't seem to care. I guess maybe I can still use the Husky's around the house where there are some dependable saws close by but I'm sure not taking them out on a job site anymore. I keep hearing to let them cool back down before trying to restart them because they're heat soaked. Time is money on a job site, no time to let a tempermental saw have it's way.

I have a 562 also in early model with an EL 44 carburetor. I also had restart issue with it on a very hot day. It was in the high 90s. (I hate cutting when it's that hot outside). otherwise the saw has been flawless! I never experienced the hesitation issue at all with my 562. it only happened the one time. I blamed myself not to saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There not a Stihl saw made I'd trade a 562xp fer!!! :D
You should come and deal with this POS of mine for a while then. You might change your mind. Only took a year and two saws to get it fixed the first time. I'm just tired of fighting it. It had became my "go to" saw until this last episode. When a piece of equipment starts becoming unreliable on the job, it's time for it to go. Customers don't like to pay you while working on your equipment.

Latest posts

Back