562xp Hot start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just came in all wet from sweat. I ran the saw out of gas, refilled it and let it sit for 14 minutes in the sun. I then pumped the primer and set the fast idle. The saw started on the second pull.
My conclusion is Av gas eliminates hot start issues, for me anyway. Does it run as good on AV gas as non-alcohol fuel? I can't tell a difference. At least with the "auto-tune" you can switch back and forth and not have to re-tune.

Thanks for all this. It has been very helpful. Andre's next post should be interesting. I'm guessing that, between his & your info, the mysteries should be solved!

I wonder what some vents like these would do for the hot start issue. A screen or foam under the vents could keep dust out and let hot air out also.
071616-mastermind-trip-jpg.515698

I wonder what some vents like these would do for the hot start issue. A screen or foam under the vents could keep dust out and let hot air out also.
071616-mastermind-trip-jpg.515698
I've thought about various venting schemes, but when I pick up a saw that has been shut off and has heat soaked, the amount of heat radiating off of it is just tremendous. Then it is hard to imagine any sort of convective, non-fan forced cooling system doing much of anything. I don't know what the difference is between saws that have a problem with heat soak vapor lock and ones that don't, but I have to guess that it has to do with the amount of heat energy left stored in the metal parts before shut off, and how easily that gets into the fuel system after shut off.

Basically, my gut feel is that the venting needs to be getting heat out while there is still a running fan to drive it, and that convective venting after shut off will be far less effective. But that is all just a guess, as you'd need a imaging camera to really look at the situation.

Basically, my gut feel is that the venting needs to be getting heat out while there is still a running fan to drive it, and that convective venting after shut off will be far less effective. But that is all just a guess, as you'd need a imaging camera to really look at the situation.

Or ya could just make the vents and try it. However, I don't know if I want to do that to my cover, it's still pretty.

I have a 550(15 model) and 562(16 model) and have not had any problems yet. I do notice these saws seem to run freakin HOT! After 20 minutes of cutting I noticed they seemed hotter than what I remember my 026,044, & 066 being after running that long. Maybe it's just me as I haven't run them since last year in the heat though. I do recall the 026 getting hot a couple years ago doing the same work but can't remember how long it was run. I only have a couple hours on each of short run times clearing trails in 80-95 degree heat.

I have a 550(15 model) and 562(16 model) and have not had any problems yet. I do notice these saws seem to run freakin HOT! After 20 minutes of cutting I noticed they seemed hotter than what I remember my 026,044, & 066 being after running that long. Maybe it's just me as I haven't run them since last year in the heat though. I do recall the 026 getting hot a couple years ago doing the same work but can't remember how long it was run. I only have a couple hours on each of short run times clearing trails in 80-95 degree heat.

Have you done a MM on either one?

I've thought about various venting schemes, but when I pheatup a saw that has been shut off and has heat soaked, the amount of heat radiating off of it is just tremendous. Then is is hard to imagine any sort of convective, non-fan forced cooling system doing much of anything. I don't know what the difference is between saws that have a problem with heat soak vapor lock and ones that don't, but I have to guess that it has to do with the amount of heat energy left stored in the metal parts before shut off, and how easily that gets into the fuel system after shut off.

Very good post! The problem starts when the saw is shut down...a vent won't really stop the transfer of heat

Very good post! The problem starts when the saw is shut down...a vent won't really stop the transfer of heat
Like I said previously and was told I was stupid what about taking the top cover off three clips and heat goes up. I know nor convenient or always possible but I would try it if if I where having those troubles.

I think the impulse-crankcase relationship has a bit to do with it and perhaps the new layed back cylinder design allows more heat to soak the carb than on more traditional designs. There is definitely design reasons the 562 is so prone to this.

Coming in late on this, and I haven't gone through each post individually -, but I'm assuming that the IPL for hot start issues has been performed?

"New fuel tank ventilation kit. Due to warm start problem."
Fuel tank ventilation kit 587 64 54-01.

Thanks for posting the description and the actual part number ! Should make things a little easier if I ever take saw back to my dealer.

Coming in late on this, and I haven't gone through each post individually -, but I'm assuming that the IPL for hot start issues has been performed?

"New fuel tank ventilation kit. Due to warm start problem."
Fuel tank ventilation kit 587 64 54-01.

Latest posts

Back