562XP oiler issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not gloating at all,just asking how many are actually having issues with this saw. and also stating fact, in that i know stihl will be slower and heavier, but always run when i need them to.

Must be Sunday, as the "Orange Popsicle Choir" is present and accounted for :biggrinbounce2:

not gloating at all,just asking how many are actually having issues with this saw. and also stating fact, in that i know stihl will be slower and heavier, but always run when i need them to.

I really can't stand people that think that EVERY saw that "stihl" or any other brand for that matter will be perfect, Stihl has had there share of problems so don't forget it. Also there's not another 60cc saw that will run with this saw. Yes the technology is new and there have been a few bugs but keep in mind that for the 99% people that ARE having good luck with this saw they will not get on here and brag about it, your'e only seeing the negative results.

When I first got my 562, it had a hesitation on acceleration. With a little advice from some fellow members here, I adjusted the fuel pop up spring and lever heighth and haven't had a problem since. This is my go to saw now. I was a liitle dissapointed that I had a problem with a new saw but it was worth working through. If I had to get rid of all my saws but one, this would be the saw I would keep.

I really can't stand people that think that EVERY saw that "stihl" or any other brand for that matter will be perfect, Stihl has had there share of problems so don't forget it. Also there's not another 60cc saw that will run with this saw. Yes the technology is new and there have been a few bugs but keep in mind that for the 99% people that ARE having good luck with this saw they will not get on here and brag about it, your'e only seeing the negative results.
i cant stand people who get there panties in a wad over a question being asked. it is funny how defensive people get over a chainsaw no less. i bet i've a 60cc saw or even 2 of them that will eat your 562 for lunch.

When I first got my 562, it had a hesitation on acceleration. With a little advice from some fellow members here, I adjusted the fuel pop up spring and lever heighth and haven't had a problem since. This is my go to saw now. I was a liitle dissapointed that I had a problem with a new saw but it was worth working through. If I had to get rid of all my saws but one, this would be the saw I would keep.
ahh, finally something positive. that is good to hear,i would like to try a 562, but i may wait a little longer til they get all the bugs worked out.

i cant stand people who get there panties in a wad over a question being asked. it is funny how defensive people get over a chainsaw no less. i bet i've a 60cc saw or even 2 of them that will eat your 562 for lunch.

This wasn't a question. Just an ignorant remark against Husky saws. The OP never said it wouldn't run or oil. That wasn't the problem he was having. Go back and read the first post.
This saw seems to be typical for husky. Sure it is fast and light,but all that does not matter if it won't oil, or even run for that matter. I think they may have a great saw in the 562, they just should have spent a little more time in r&d on it.

Last edited:
Ran the saw this morning and it's been setting all day. Not one drop of oil. Maybe like Sunfish said just temp change.

A temp change can do it on any saw. Usually it isn't connected to a flaw with the saw at all, but of course that also happens now and then.
Evening out any pressure difference will usually help. ;)

This wasn't a question. Just an ignorant remark against Husky saws. The OP never said it wouldn't run or oil. That wasn't the problem he was having. Go back and read the first post.

yes, and you need to read the rest of my post, instead of just parts of it.

never an issue with mine, cut three semiloads already

in case you can get past your husky bashing- :monkey:

I didn't need one either, but bought one 3 weeks ago. Most power for the weight of anything out there, in a stock saw. :msp_w00t: Smoothest running saw yet.

Not much use on mine yet, but it's been flawless.

Most Huskys and others will puke bar oil at some point. It's a temp, pressure thing.

What he said is right.

Also, I have a stack of oak firewood 5 feet high and 95 feet long all cut with the 562.

No issues at all. None,Nada.

Just throwing woodchips 10 feet or better and cutting wood.

And screaming like a Banshee.:hmm3grin2orange:

lol it is funny but i guess when u swing off them every day u would want to think you know what your talking about.what saw are u comparing ?? i hope your not thinking of a 46 vs 562 ?? :msp_smile:

562XP non-issue

Saw doesn't seem to be leaking at all. Checked again after work today and no oil. Must have been just a temp change. It is very impressive saw to run.

maybe if husky saws went to a tooless oil cap they would quit leaking so much oil :msp_wink:

Back