562XP oiler issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Showme

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My 562 has been setting for about 2 weeks. I took a look at it yesterday and it's lost it's bar oil from the clutch side. Does that sound like it's not venting properly? Should it go back to the dealer or should I just expect that. I guess I can try removing the oil cap and replacing it after I run it. That will be a little hard for me to remember since I don't do that for any other saws.

My 562 has been setting for about 2 weeks. I took a look at it yesterday and it's lost it's bar oil from the clutch side. Does that sound like it's not venting properly? Should it go back to the dealer or should I just expect that. I guess I can try removing the oil cap and replacing it after I run it. That will be a little hard for me to remember since I don't do that for any other saws.

HUH!!!!!:msp_confused:

Last edited:
I'm sure it's coming out the oiler hole. Take a look at your saw you'll see that the bar and clutch are on the same side. Oh, you'll have to take off those to little nuts to do it. Don't worry you won't loose them.

That saw sure got alot of pre-release propaganda.

Hope they get the bugs worked out, until that time I'll stick with the "old" technology.

Give me Hi/lo needles and a free flowing muffler Thank You.

Funny how these saws get so hyped before there is a real world track record eh?

Hope they get the bugs worked out, until that time I'll stick with the "old" technology.

I'm thinking the same thing. I couldn't wait to buy one. Like I even needed it!

I'm sure it's coming out the oiler hole. Take a look at your saw you'll see that the bar and clutch are on the same side. Oh, you'll have to take off those to little nuts to do it. Don't worry you won't loose them.

It was the thing about loosing oil from only halv the tank I didn't understand, but I see what you meant by now.

Try to open the cap for some seconds, after the saw has cooled down.

Thank you. That is what I will try. I really don't want to take it to the dealer.

This saw seems to be typical for husky. Sure it is fast and light,but all that does not matter if it won't oil, or even run for that matter. I think they may have a great saw in the 562, they just should have spent a little more time in r&d on it. There are a ton of threads here and elsewhere on the issues with this saw. My stihls' might be slow and heavy, but they are always ready to go to work when i am. I am curious as to where all the cheerleaders for this saw went to when these problem threads show up? Is everybody having issue with them,or is it just a few units. Are there any of these being used as loggers, or all just cookie cutters?

I'm thinking the same thing. I couldn't wait to buy one. Like I even needed it!

I didn't need one either, but bought one 3 weeks ago. Most power for the weight of anything out there, in a stock saw. :msp_w00t: Smoothest running saw yet.

Not much use on mine yet, but it's been flawless.

Most Huskys and others will puke bar oil at some point. It's a temp, pressure thing.

I didn't need one either, but bought one 3 weeks ago. Most power for the weight of anything out there, in a stock saw. :msp_w00t: Smoothest running saw yet.

Not much use on mine yet, but it's been flawless.

Most Huskys and others will puke bar oil at some point. It's a temp, pressure thing.

You're right about the power. Just came in from running it. Amazing, I must be leaving a lot on the table with tuning my other saws because this thing screams!

This saw seems to be typical for husky. Sure it is fast and light,but all that does not matter if it won't oil, or even run for that matter. I think they may have a great saw in the 562, they just should have spent a little more time in r&d on it. There are a ton of threads here and elsewhere on the issues with this saw. My stihls' might be slow and heavy, but they are always ready to go to work when i am. I am curious as to where all the cheerleaders for this saw went to when these problem threads show up? Is everybody having issue with them,or is it just a few units. Are there any of these being used as loggers, or all just cookie cutters?

I'm sure Stihl has had their fair share of issues over the years. No need to gloat when the competition does.

I let a logger put about 50hours on a 562xp to get his opinion. He basically said the saw was like working with a lighter 372xp. He had no issues with the saw and it performed well. However, he would not buy one since a 365x-torq can be bought at around $620.00 and he can go anywhere and pick up parts for it. I ended up buying the 562 for myself and was impressed with it. I run av gas in it and the saw had no problem adjusting itself to the fuel. Loggers around here can really care less about weight. I see 395xp, 385xp 390xp and ms660 all using 36RSC-72 with a hard tip bar.

I'm sure Stihl has had their fair share of issues over the years. No need to gloat when the competition does.

That's right, man! I bet if one were to watch this forum for awhile and keep score, Husky / Stihl problems would be around 50/50. :msp_smile:

Last edited:

Flippy Caps.

i agree this saw did get alot of hype from husky before the release but in my book its a bloody weapon and i think in the future you could expect all saws to be using autotune as stihl has realeased there m-tronic at basicaly the same time .have u got one sachsmo??

Ran the saw this morning and it's been setting all day. Not one drop of oil. Maybe like Sunfish said just temp change.

i havent had any dramas with the 562xp nor anyother commercial husky exept for the 3120 as its air filter setup is not great for the fine dust in our hardwoods.but then again with the other saws i can cut all day without cleaning a filter as for when i was ussing stihl 66 and 088 after one tank there chocked full of #### .

not gloating at all,just asking how many are actually having issues with this saw. and also stating fact, in that i know stihl will be slower and heavier, but always run when i need them to.

Latest posts

Back