562xp Pain in the ###

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my opinion theres no better firewood saw on the market than the 562/2260 (especially after I have ported it.)

in my opinion theres no better firewood saw on the market than the 562/2260 (especially after I have ported it.)

I bet, although Brad and Randy might disagree with half of that statement... I would love to have mine ported, but Dad seems to think that he will be perfectly happy after we MM it. He seems to think that any more might be too' nasty for it's size... LOL I may have to channel that $$$ instead into getting my Dolkita transformed into a 79cc saw with cleaned up transfers...

Wow.
This is what I love about this site. So much help and knowledge at your fingertips.
Boxygen: Im near Jefferson.
Hamish: On the serial number, do you mean starting with the date, or after the date? 201311 is with the date preceding.
Spike60: My dealer mentioned replacing the coil and/or carb, even though the inital data showed no codes.
I do suspect the coil myself, or computer. My dealer has decades of experiance and is a logger to boot.
I have followed the user manual to the letter, but see better results when I start it like any other saw,
with engaging the high idle.
I did the inital break in and have about 5 hours on the saw, and well over a gallon of fuel through it. I use 100LL and high
quality mix oil.

I've replaced the carb on one that showed no auto tune codes. Everything on the computer end checked out alright. Swapped in a new carb and problem solved.

Last month I bought a 562xp AT.
This saw was hard to hot start so I took it to the dealer and he found nothing.
I changed how I was starting the saw, following the manual to a "T" and noticed
some small improvement. Today it went back to hot hard starts. I seem to have
some better luck when I leave the decompression valve out. Usualy I end up having
to hold the throtle to start it.
I read a lot about this saw before I bought i,t and noticed that people either love
them or hate them, with the latter being the minority.
I called the dealer and its going back in Monday, and I told him if it doesnt get fixed
this time I will be getting a refund.
I have never had problems like this with my 13 year old 55 rancher.
So. What can you guys tell me?
Thanks in advance.
Jason

I thought you were just supposed to "wave" the 562 at the wood and it would cut, split and stack itself..... :msp_biggrin:
didn't know you actually had to start it .

sorry for your woes...

...My dealer mentioned replacing the coil and/or carb, even though the inital data showed no codes. I do suspect the coil myself, or computer. My dealer has decades of experiance and is a logger to boot...

My bet is that your dealer can straighten things out. Add the carb to the list of suspects. The 562xp represents the state of the art in the 60cc class.

Wow.
This is what I love about this site. So much help and knowledge at your fingertips.
Boxygen: Im near Jefferson.
Hamish: On the serial number, do you mean starting with the date, or after the date? 201311 is with the date preceding.
Spike60: My dealer mentioned replacing the coil and/or carb, even though the inital data showed no codes.
I do suspect the coil myself, or computer. My dealer has decades of experiance and is a logger to boot.
I have followed the user manual to the letter, but see better results when I start it like any other saw,
with engaging the high idle.
I did the inital break in and have about 5 hours on the saw, and well over a gallon of fuel through it. I use 100LL and high
quality mix oil.
I wonder if the 100LL might cause, or add to the problem? I know it is used by some, but I really didn't like the way my saw ran when I tried it a few years ago.

Post the first 6 digits of your serial number, and we will go from there.

Most of these "issues" are due to the individual understanding of a "warm" restart.

Use of the air purge should never be required in a "warm" restart situation, and is solely an aid in reducing the number of pulls required to get an infrequently used saw to start.

Autotune is still 90% old school chainsaw, its nowhere near as scary as Algebra.

I hated Algebra in school - it killed my interest in Maths! :angry2:

"Operator error" seems to be the most common cause for "issues" with those saws.....

I hate hearing all this about the 562xp. I desperately need a 60cc saw and I want an AT/M-tronic but can't bring myself to pull the trigger. A ms362 would be ok as I need reliability but I want AT. Its a shame Husky can't get their act together on a $1000+ saw. People using a saw all day can't put up with this B/S. I guess I will wait/prey for the release of MT ms362. The 562xp reminds me of my ms200t, 'best saw in its class' when working properly.:msp_mad:

I hated Algebra in school - it killed my interest in Maths! :angry2:

"Operator error" seems to be the most common cause for "issues" with those saws.....

Of coarse ST! Husky could'nt have anything to do with it. It's funny the Stihl Ms361 does'nt hamper its users with "operator error" or "issues".:msp_ohmy:

I hate hearing all this about the 562xp. I desperately need a 60cc saw and I want an AT/M-tronic but can't bring myself to pull the trigger. A ms362 would be ok as I need reliability but I want AT. Its a shame Husky can't get their act together on a $1000+ saw. People using a saw all day can't put up with this B/S. I guess I will wait/prey for the release of MT ms362. The 562xp reminds me of my ms200t, 'best saw in its class' when working properly.:msp_mad:

Not many issues with AT or the 562xp.

And 2 out of 3 are "operator error" as the controls are too simple, but completely different than older models.

Honestly it's really not that bad. I've sold plenty of the early saws and the problem was only on 3 units. And I was lucky enough to get one of them! :msp_tongue: (Actually not a bad thing at all as I became quite familiar with what was going on)

The problem on a discussion board like this is that "it" becomes "they" and an issue seems way more widespread than it really is.

Back to the OP's saw; the new coil was introduced from serial number 20124700001, 47th week of 2012. These saws have been flawless so far.

If your dealer has the autotune diagnostics and software already, I wouldn't worry about it, go get your saw.

All I have to add to this thread is that I have had ZERO issues with my 562. I use the procedure to start it cold first of the day. After that I just pull the string, so to speak, nothing special, and it starts, idles, and goes about cutting when the trigger is pulled. I don't want to jinx it, but life is simple for me with the 562 XP AT. Power to weight is just nuts.

The problem on a discussion board like this is that "it" becomes "they" and an issue seems way more widespread than it really is.

Yes, that is how it is - sad, but true! People that have problems because they failed to read the important part of the manuals add to the confution.....

Yes, that is how it is - sad, but true! People that have problems because they failed to read the important part of the manuals add to the confution.....
Sawtroll.
If you read my post, you would see that I am follwing the instructions to the letter.

Honestly it's really not that bad. I've sold plenty of the early saws and the problem was only on 3 units. And I was lucky enough to get one of them! :msp_tongue: (Actually not a bad thing at all as I became quite familiar with what was going on)

Back to the OP's saw; the new coil was introduced from serial number 20124700001, 47th week of 2012. These saws have been flawless so far.
My 562 was manufactured in 2013.
When its running it cuts like crazy. Hard to bog it down really.
like my OP said; most of these saw are good out of the box, mine just wasnt.
But. My dealer is on my side and is determined to get to the bottom of it.
I think there are bound to be ocasional lemons with any new tecnology,
its just a royal PIA when you cant cut wood...........

My 562 was manufactured in 2013.
When its running it cuts like crazy. Hard to bog it down really.
like my OP said; most of these saw are good out of the box, mine just wasnt.
But. My dealer is on my side and is determined to get to the bottom of it.
I think there are bound to be ocasional lemons with any new tecnology,
its just a royal PIA when you cant cut wood...........

A very good reason to have more than one saw... :msp_smile:

Back