562xp Pain in the ###

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got it back from the shop and am putting it through its paces.
All Husky wanted to do was have my dealer update the saws computer. They said if the problems continue
they would want to take it back to their R&D center and go over it. I told him they could do that all they wanted
AFTER I got a refund or replacement saw. I also told my dealer if it doesnt start reliably after all this, I certainly would be
getting a refund or replacement.
I am really ###### at husky for even sugesting that I should be without my saw for any length of time. From here forward
I will not be purchacing any new husky equipment, regardless of this saws preformance, good or bad.

The fast idle seems to help when hot starting so I do use it. I find the compression release seems to hinder hot starts.
I had the ocasional bog issue but it hasnt happened for a while. Ive got 15 hours on the saw, that should be enough time to work out any bugs.
I really do hope that it quits the bs, because when its running it really throws the chips.
Minus a few nay-sayers, I really appreciate the input from the 562 owners here. Thanks.

I could be wrong, but I would almost bet that it is the dealer not wanting to exchange the saw and/or wanting to keep it for diagnosis rather than making it right more than the company. I could be wrong though. It just seems that will all of the major manufacturers moving (necessarily so) towards computer technology, the last thing they'd want would be the PR problem of having Un-Reliable NEW Expensive saws AND Bad Customer Service... That doesn't make for a good bottom line or happy shareholders... I truly hope that this got you going and that the saw will live up to it's potential.

I could be wrong, but I would almost bet that it is the dealer not wanting to exchange the saw and/or wanting to keep it for diagnosis rather than making it right more than the company. I could be wrong though. It just seems that will all of the major manufacturers moving (necessarily so) towards computer technology, the last thing they'd want would be the PR problem of having Un-Reliable NEW Expensive saws AND Bad Customer Service... That doesn't make for a good bottom line or happy shareholders... I truly hope that this got you going and that the saw will live up to it's potential.

Ya know?
I was pondering some of the same thoughts just this afternoon.
Friday my dealer was all gungho about, "we will replace the carb and coil and if that doesnt work I will jump all over husky" (paraphrased)
Today he had a different tune. "lets try the computer update befor we do anything further"
Well, I said to him that if it still gave me problems that I would get a replacement or refund. He replied, "I will loose $200.00, you have to think about me" (no paraphrase there).
Think about him??!! I already have been by letting it go back to get checked out at least twice now!
Now. Im not trying to start a 'my side, their side here.' I doubt anyone on here knows him, and I havent (dont need to) give out his name.
Im just a chapped in general now.
So. Tonight had one big hiccup. Very hard warm start followed by running poorly. A while later I warm started again without problems and it ran fine. If it continues this way it will have to go back. Hopefully it behaves, and I can test it tomorrow after work.
Thanks guys.

#### Happens

I bought a new widow AC unit two weeks ago. Bought the better model, not the cheaper one. It's used in my shop which I work full time in. It worked fine for a week, then started making a bad noise.

Figured the store would replace it. But no, they said Frigid Air wants them to fix it.

I still don't have it back, but it's not so hot now and not a big problem.

You're in Maine and may not appreciate the need for AC here is southern Missouri. ;)

...Friday my dealer was all gungho about, "we will replace the carb and coil and if that doesnt work I will jump all over husky"
Today he had a different tune. "lets try the computer update befor we do anything further"...So. Tonight had one big hiccup. Very hard warm start followed by running poorly. A while later I warm started again without problems and it ran fine. If it continues this way it will have to go back...

Made sense to try updating/resetting the software as the first step. Well, that didn't work. Now, suggest this to the dealer: Husqvarna ships a new carb and coil asap to the dealer; you bring in the saw and and units are replaced under warranty. As you have previously, follow factory operating instructions to the letter, and see how things go before demanding a refund. The burden should be on Husqvarna to do whatever it takes to address a frequent issue with this model to your satisfaction and not inconvenience you or make the dealer eat $200. Another option, exchange for the reliable 372xp and let the dealer ship the 562 back to the mother ship for his refund.

Good luck. When you're out cutting, it seems a better use of your time to focus on what you're doing and stay safe rather that wondering whether the saw is going to start.

My cousin owns a saw shop that sells the four major brands. I was in buying a 60cc sized saw a few months ago and he steered me away from the 562 because they are having a lot of problems with them and he has been seeing quite a few coming back burnt up within a couple of weeks of them going off the shelf. I guess this has been across the board so Husky has been good about working with people and getting them going again. Good Luck. :chainsaw:

Ya know?
I was pondering some of the same thoughts just this afternoon.
Friday my dealer was all gungho about, "we will replace the carb and coil and if that doesnt work I will jump all over husky" (paraphrased)
Today he had a different tune. "lets try the computer update befor we do anything further"
Well, I said to him that if it still gave me problems that I would get a replacement or refund. He replied, "I will loose $200.00, you have to think about me" (no paraphrase there).
Think about him??!! I already have been by letting it go back to get checked out at least twice now!
Now. Im not trying to start a 'my side, their side here.' I doubt anyone on here knows him, and I havent (dont need to) give out his name.
Im just a chapped in general now.
So. Tonight had one big hiccup. Very hard warm start followed by running poorly. A while later I warm started again without problems and it ran fine. If it continues this way it will have to go back. Hopefully it behaves, and I can test it tomorrow after work.
Thanks guys.

Well, duh on him, he should have done the computer update *already*.

What gets me is, EVERYONES time is valuable to them. Doesn't matter what you make or what you do, once used, it is gone forever. Schlepping a thing back and forth to some dealer multiple times would get old fast.

The stihl electronics are licensed from husky, so..why aren't we hearing about problems all the time with their mtronic saws? What's different i wonder? Who makes the gear, the programming? Husky needs to get their act together better I think, especially with their dealers. big nasty gram to dealers, as in YOU WILL GET THIS ANALYSIS GEAR AND LEARN TO USE IT OR NO NEW SAWS FOR YOU.

Something just ain't right here. I know there are a lot of autotunes out there starting and running well, but this is too many reports now of autotune glitches and gremlins. I mean, WTG husky giving early adopters what are apparently experimental models that aren't really up to speed yet. Yep, just great for mind and market share....

Some VP suit in charge of QA needs to get their booty kicked a little.

The fast idle seems to help when hot starting so I do use it. I find the compression release seems to hinder hot starts.
I had the ocasional bog issue but it hasnt happened for a while. Ive got 15 hours on the saw, that should be enough time to work out any bugs.

Seems the bugs are worked out of your saw.

This thread is starting to take on the usual BS load. Yeah, the OP has a legitimate problem. But the procedure that needs to be followed has to play itself out. Sorry, but that's life. Like I always say; better to get bad news from your saw shop than from your doctor.

It's not up to the customer to say, "I will get a new saw". There is a procedure for product replacement, and I've done it several times but it's when a saw has a catastrophic failure, not when one hicups or is hard starting, as that is a problem that can be solved. (btw mine were on the so called super reliable 372, never on a 562) And as far as being all bent out of shape because Husky had the audacity to suggest that you may have to live without your saw while it gets checked out; well you were living without it a few weeks ago right? Cripes, a saw doesn't run right and it's the end of the world. Let them try the new carb before you push buttons til neither the dealer or Husky want to fix the damn thing. A carb can be bad for a variety of reasons having nothing to do with the new technology.

And this crap about all of the 562's having problems, which I suppose was inevitable in a thread like this, is the real total BS. "All coming back burnt up" That is an ignorant and irresponsible post to say the least. Too many of us have sold 100's of these saws with no problems what so ever. And there are lot's of members, some of which have posted in this thread, who have run the snot out of their 562's with no problems at all to report.

Bob is 100%

Some adults need to stop acting like lil schoolgirls stomping there feet and whining, when they cant accept the reality of life.

The dealer is doing everything they can for the OP at present.

Bad carbs can happen to any chainsaw model, and the carbs aren't even made by the saw brand.

Guess who owns the carb factory that make the carbs used on the 562xp and related models! :msp_sneaky:

Too many of us have sold 100's of these saws with no problems what so ever. And there are lot's of members, some of which have posted in this thread, who have run the snot out of their 562's with no problems at all to report.

Board Feet

Do you have any in service with a 1/2 to 1 million board feet on them? Hardwood, softwood, pulp?

Take Care

It doesn't matter now, but does anybody think that Husqy put out too much new at one time? Look at the MS 261 and MS 441. Both were on the market a while before M-Tronic was introduced.

Board Feet

Do you have any in service with a 1/2 to 1 million board feet on them? Hardwood, softwood, pulp?

Take Care

I'm not Spike, but I know of a few high use saws. I can't comment on board feet but a good friend has one of the early ones [you know the one that everyone says is junk] that has been his main felling/bucking saw in hardwood for almost 2 years now. About 5 tanks a day for use. The saw looks like it has been through a war but still runs good. It did take out a piston and cylinder back in winter on a very cold day. The saw had 7 months of use on it and Husky did not want to warranty it because of him not useing husky oil. But the dealer took care of it for him. His crew has 3 more of the 562's with no issues. Needless to say they will be buying more of this saw.

Last edited:
This thread is starting to take on the usual BS load. Yeah, the OP has a legitimate problem. But the procedure that needs to be followed has to play itself out. Sorry, but that's life. Like I always say; better to get bad news from your saw shop than from your doctor.

It's not up to the customer to say, "I will get a new saw". There is a procedure for product replacement, and I've done it several times but it's when a saw has a catastrophic failure, not when one hicups or is hard starting, as that is a problem that can be solved. (btw mine were on the so called super reliable 372, never on a 562) And as far as being all bent out of shape because Husky had the audacity to suggest that you may have to live without your saw while it gets checked out; well you were living without it a few weeks ago right? Cripes, a saw doesn't run right and it's the end of the world. Let them try the new carb before you push buttons til neither the dealer or Husky want to fix the damn thing. A carb can be bad for a variety of reasons having nothing to do with the new technology.

And this crap about all of the 562's having problems, which I suppose was inevitable in a thread like this, is the real total BS. "All coming back burnt up" That is an ignorant and irresponsible post to say the least. Too many of us have sold 100's of these saws with no problems what so ever. And there are lot's of members, some of which have posted in this thread, who have run the snot out of their 562's with no problems at all to report.

This is worth repeating!

Can someone post a link to documentation that Stihl bought AT technology from Husky? Sawtroll keeps talking about this, but he isn't 100% sure. I'm curious about this.

If Husky is requesting that they get the problematic saw shipped to them for R&D, then at the very least they should tell the dealer to give him a demo replacement for the meantime.

I think I'll just make a post to sub in on this one. I'd like to see the final outcome/resolution.

Latest posts

Back