562xp Trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taxi1249

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 562xp, I've ran it for around 4 hours. Today I ran three tanks of fuel through it. I ran out of the third tank refilled and then the saw would not stay running. I checked for air filter it was OK, I checked for air leeks found no noticeable holes in the boot or lines. I drove the saw to my shop about 20 min. Thought I would give it another try it ran just fine. Has any body else had this trouble. Or know what it might have been. Ill look into the saw some more tomorrow but thought I would get some opinions. I do have the muffler modded. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks for the help Ill check back later.

Just because its an AutoTune doesn't mean regular troubleshooting doesn't apply.

I could ask about 13 questions right now, but will direct you to a fuel delivery issue most likely due to a vaccum in the tank.........

I thaought of the vacume or an air pocket in the line. Is this a common thing in this saw?

Just because its an AutoTune doesn't mean regular troubleshooting doesn't apply.

I could ask about 13 questions right now, but will direct you to a fuel delivery issue most likely due to a vaccum in the tank.........

My dealer has a dud 562xp right now. I was helping him diagnose it and it's not easy as the computer is kicking in masking the problem.

Saw starts fine, can idle alright at times, biggest problem is that it won't rev up, just terribly rich with fuel pouring out the muffler. Called the husky techs and they said get a new carb, as they have had some problems with them. New carb doesn't change anything. The new carb came with part of the AT assembly, was told you can't use it unless you have the tool to reprogram it. Service tool isn't available yet. Tried it with the old AT and tried it with the new part, no real difference. I did get it to lean out when revving up, but the AT quickly turned it right back to pig rich.

We believe the saw has a massive air leak somewhere and the AT is compensating for it. If it was a regular saw, you could easily tell if it had a big air leak as it would be revving to the moon.

That said, the 562xp is a very nice saw and I wouldn't be afraid to buy one, but be prepared to get the shaft for a while if you have any problems. It's just too much new technology for anyone to be a expert at fixing them right now.

I have a 555 thats been at the dealer for over 3 weeks now . He knows its a carb issue but can't get the programmer? from husky to diagnose it . He gave me another 555 to run while we wait , but I'm afraid to use it

I have a 555 thats been at the dealer for over 3 weeks now . He knows its a carb issue but can't get the programmer? from husky to diagnose it . He gave me another 555 to run while we wait , but I'm afraid to use it

i got the programmer,it's no help(so far)
the 555 that i got,goes like this: it does not start right up out of box.when i do get it running,i saw wood with it wot for 3-5 min,when i let off throttle-it dies....and cannot restart untill cold. it's been thru 1 gallon of 100LL gas mixed with mobil 2t oil.here's a pic of it's latest download information. :dizzy: the two charts are for the first two saws i got.....1 running good out of 2 aint bad is it? :taped:
preston's saw is a 562xp
555VS562.jpg

i'll post more the more i dig into this.

Last edited:
My dealer has a dud 562xp right now. I was helping him diagnose it and it's not easy as the computer is kicking in masking the problem.

Saw starts fine, can idle alright at times, biggest problem is that it won't rev up, just terribly rich with fuel pouring out the muffler. Called the husky techs and they said get a new carb, as they have had some problems with them. New carb doesn't change anything. The new carb came with part of the AT assembly, was told you can't use it unless you have the tool to reprogram it. Service tool isn't available yet. Tried it with the old AT and tried it with the new part, no real difference. I did get it to lean out when revving up, but the AT quickly turned it right back to pig rich.

We believe the saw has a massive air leak somewhere and the AT is compensating for it. If it was a regular saw, you could easily tell if it had a big air leak as it would be revving to the moon.

That said, the 562xp is a very nice saw and I wouldn't be afraid to buy one, but be prepared to get the shaft for a while if you have any problems. It's just too much new technology for anyone to be a expert at fixing them right now.

I believe reprogramming the AT/carb is the clue here - every dealer should be able to do that! :msp_wink:

Sounds like just a freak thing. I haven't had mine long, but it's been flawless.

Just wondering if there's a manual carb that'll bolt up. 372xt carb maybe???

I have a 562xp, I've ran it for around 4 hours. Today I ran three tanks of fuel through it. I ran out of the third tank refilled and then the saw would not stay running. I checked for air filter it was OK, I checked for air leeks found no noticeable holes in the boot or lines. I drove the saw to my shop about 20 min. Thought I would give it another try it ran just fine. Has any body else had this trouble. Or know what it might have been. Ill look into the saw some more tomorrow but thought I would get some opinions. I do have the muffler modded. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks for the help Ill check back later.

I bought a Poulan Pro Weed whacker last summer that does this very thing. If you run it out of gas and refill right away it will start but barely run, have no power and will not idle. I set it down for about an hour fired it back up after cooling and it ran fine just like new. I just assumed that it must have been somewhat vapor locked.

As for the 562 and the carb thing this is exactly why I went with the tried and true 365, the AT scared me too much as it is too new!

the 555 that i got,goes like this: it does not start right up out of box.when i do get it running,i saw wood with it wot for 3-5 min,when i let off throttle-it dies....and cannot restart untill cold. it's been thru 1 gallon of 100LL gas mixed with mobil 2t oil.here's a pic of it's latest download information. :dizzy: the two charts are for the first two saws i got.....1 running good out of 2 aint bad is it? :taped:
preston's saw is a 562xp
555VS562.jpg

I am curious. Do they have a sensor in the system somewhere to tell it how much fuel should be delivered? What kind of sensor is it and where is it located? Between the two charts that you show there seems to be a big difference in the carb settings.

I've sold quite a few of the 562s the past few months and have had a few go into fits and then come out of it and not bother again and I have talked to a few other dealers who have seen a few also. You might get it checked at your dealer and see if any codes come up on the diagnostics. I have also had a few coils go bad that will cause them to run funny. It's complicated because the carb is getting input from the coil so sometimes it can seem like a fuel problem and it's a coil problem. Good luck.

preston's saw is a 562xp
555VS562.jpg

Ya the one on the left looks quite a bit out of whack as far as the fuel setting, should be around 87H and 38L there could be something else causing it to adjust itself this far out though. You could try doing a master reset and see what happens.

Ya the one on the left looks quite a bit out of whack as far as the fuel setting, should be around 87H and 38L there could be something else causing it to adjust itself this far out though. You could try doing a master reset and see what happens.

Looks like the one on the left has a newer version of the software. I've been told that they often are upgrading it, now in he beginning......:msp_smile:

Back