562xp Trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no programming or software involved with the 570/576AT saws. You can not plug them into a computer.

From the Husqvarna Service School, this is very correct, the 555 & 562's have a totally different AT system. I was under the impression that the only time you needed to reprogram the saw, was when you change the carb. I don't think I was asleep:msp_sleep: during that part of the session, but could of been! Our instructor (Scott Willis) was very straight forward, kind of like the old HS days.

Fuel delivery is determined by RPM and leanout testing in cooperation with the throttle position sensor.

Ok that is what I was wondering about. The throttle position sensor will help to determine how much air is actually going into it along with some lookup tables for the rpm that they have formulated through testing. So the throttle position sensor should have some kind of resistance to it that can be measured with an ohm meter from idle to full throttle.

Ok that is what I was wondering about. The throttle position sensor will help to determine how much air is actually going into it along with some lookup tables for the rpm that they have formulated through testing. So the throttle position sensor should have some kind of resistance to it that can be measured with an ohm meter from idle to full throttle.

It is built into the AT unit on the side of the carb. The software has a TPS test function with a readout that shows throttle position when you squeeze the trigger.

If the saw(s) with the problems will run from cold startup and not want to once the saw has run hot, then it sounds like a faulty coil. The autotune might be trying to overcompensate the poor fire by richening up the fuel mixture.

I know it cost money to work on them, I am a dealer also. Block offs are handy, but rubber works all the same, just like we do on the saws that don't have block offs made for them.

I hear ya, but I have never had any luck with strato saws using just rubber (pressure or vac). Can't get a good seal on the strato tubes without a block off plate. You could make your own plate, but how much time is gonna be devoted just to test the saw.....there's no doubt the saw can be fixed, but it seems Husqvarna is leaving their dealers in the dark on how to diagnose these AT saws properly. With proper education before the saws came out or a service bulletin, I don't think we would be having such headaches or wasted time....

That said, I would still buy a 562. They're a really nice saw, but make sure to test that thing before leaving the dealership.

Is the elusive AT programmer required or needed to be used on the 576xp ? Or is it only needed on the 555 and 562xp ?

Fisrtly at this time it is not a programmer, its solely a reader, and is only compatible with the 555 and 562 that I can confirm 100%. The newer versions circa mid 2011 576/570 are supposed to be compatible but I have yet to touch and see one with my own eyes, I have newest revision of carb and module on order for a 576 so time will tell.

I hear ya, but I have never had any luck with strato saws using just rubber (pressure or vac). Can't get a good seal on the strato tubes without a block off plate. You could make your own plate, but how much time is gonna be devoted just to test the saw.....there's no doubt the saw can be fixed, but it seems Husqvarna is leaving their dealers in the dark on how to diagnose these AT saws properly. With proper education before the saws came out or a service bulletin, I don't think we would be having such headaches or wasted time....

That said, I would still buy a 562. They're a really nice saw, but make sure to test that thing before leaving the dealership.

Use the carb as the block off plate. Personally I disagree with the being left in the dark. Apart from the fuel valve, the carb is still a carb (think of it as a fixed jet carb and treat it as such, clean inspect gaskets etc...), The coil is still a coil, treat it as such. Use a known good carb/fuel valve to get rid of headaches in testing. The reader tells us pretty much nothing at this point in time for I have yet to have a 555 or 562 toss and error code yet (i dont even have any 562's yet).

Vac test kit contains all kinds of goodies for plugging holes. The rubber backed plates are purchased separately for each individual application. I have everything here to block off an intake with ease, including the impulse lines. Rather do this than mess with a plate on a strato. Too much surface to cover on those cylinders.

c727f3c8.jpg

And I highly doubt the software is the issue. It's not Windows based.

Use the carb as the block off plate. Personally I disagree with the being left in the dark. Apart from the fuel valve, the carb is still a carb (think of it as a fixed jet carb and treat it as such, clean inspect gaskets etc...), The coil is still a coil, treat it as such. Use a known good carb/fuel valve to get rid of headaches in testing. The reader tells us pretty much nothing at this point in time for I have yet to have a 555 or 562 toss and error code yet (i dont even have any 562's yet).

I'm not new to pressure/vac testing saws....could never get the carb to seal a piece of rubber tight enough on a 575xp and a 570.....block off plate solved that. Maybe others are luckier than I. Most guys don't pressure test anything....

My dealer tried a new carb first thing, didn't change anything. Husky tech told him to order the programmer, which is currently unavailable.......sounds peachy eh? How much money is he supposed to dump into the saw? Buy a new coil, carb and programmer? Warranty work is only gonna be given for the part that fixed the saw, no compensation for other new parts or time wasted on the saw. I know I'd be pissed messing with the damn thing and the support from Husky. I'm sure it will be sorted out soon, at least by the time you canucks get them.:hmm3grin2orange:

I tried the saw again a bit ago. Ran 2 tanks through it worked great. I did not have time today at work to hook it up to the diagnostic tool ill try to do that tommorow and see if it gives me any error codes. It does seem to be running through the gas real fast mabey im just imaging that. I am cutting larg ash and trying to go as fast as I can.
Does any one know what the average fuel setting should read on the computer printout.

My 555 runs thru alot of gas also and is on its 3rd tank . the problem i am having is a stumble off of idle with a puff of unburnt fuel. If i let it idle for a minute and go to stab the throttle it hesitates. The dealer said to keep on running it and see if it gets better. I have noticed if i just pull the trigger slowly it doesnt do it . my saw starts easy cold or hot .

Well I will put my two cents in. Like it or dislike it! I will stay with my old manual adjusted saws. Atleast I know what I got. I will stay stay with my manual saws as long as parts hold out. Even after that I wont budge as long as EBay parts hold out. Electronics should be in my tv, coumputer etc not in a saw. Electronics sure dont hold up very well in heavy equipment. After all most of the best saws ever made werent made with the electronic BS!

My dealer tried a new carb first thing, didn't change anything. Husky tech told him to order the programmer, which is currently unavailable.......sounds peachy eh? How much money is he supposed to dump into the saw? Buy a new coil, carb and programmer? Warranty work is only gonna be given for the part that fixed the saw, no compensation for other new parts or time wasted on the saw. I know I'd be pissed messing with the damn thing and the support from Husky. I'm sure it will be sorted out soon, at least by the time you canucks get them.:hmm3grin2orange:
Kinda funny, I knew, as a dealer that these new saws were comming out, so I sought out the pnc for the diagnostic tool , and a few other goodies, before I could even order any of the saws I could use it on. As a dealer in Canada, in the past 6months was the first time I have had to deal with tech/warranty support out of the USA, and thus far results have been on par with pulling donkeys teeth, it all boils down to the dealer and the relationship with the customer. 90% of warranty is between the dealer and the customer. I have my first 555 Ordered in my own fleet and the other 5 are all in the hands of professional customers, gratis on my dime, so I have a lil learning room, as do my customers.

Stop calling it a programmer! To test everything on the saw (vac/pressure,comp,fuel line/filter,tank vent)save for the coil/carb/fuel valve takes less than 20min, coils are easy, swap em, AT carbs..open em up crap in em-clean it out-no workie-swap it out along with the fuel valve.
Fire it up head out back and start cutting.

I am having exactly the same symptoms after also about 4-6 hours run time.

Nothing to add to this discussion except that I am going to return the saw.

Kinda funny, I knew, as a dealer that these new saws were comming out, so I sought out the pnc for the diagnostic tool , and a few other goodies, before I could even order any of the saws I could use it on. As a dealer in Canada, in the past 6months was the first time I have had to deal with tech/warranty support out of the USA, and thus far results have been on par with pulling donkeys teeth, it all boils down to the dealer and the relationship with the customer. 90% of warranty is between the dealer and the customer. I have my first 555 Ordered in my own fleet and the other 5 are all in the hands of professional customers, gratis on my dime, so I have a lil learning room, as do my customers.

Stop calling it a programmer! To test everything on the saw (vac/pressure,comp,fuel line/filter,tank vent)save for the coil/carb/fuel valve takes less than 20min, coils are easy, swap em, AT carbs..open em up crap in em-clean it out-no workie-swap it out along with the fuel valve.
Fire it up head out back and start cutting.

I believe the only thing the software will show is fault codes-have mine on order-but haven't got it yet. As far as tech support-not there. I believe they have knowledge of problems and service bulletins. But I do not believe they have the service background.

just hooked my 562 up to the diagnostic tool high 108 low 114. will do more test not looking like a quick fix. ill try a master reset and see what happens

well today i got the new carb from husqvarna complete with the hook up on the carb. i took off the hook up from the old carb and installed it on the new carb , so i would'nt lose all the info stored in it since start up. the swap was easy and quick. the original carb was a: EL44B141A and the replacement carb is a: EL44B147A. i did a master reset to the saw after the carb swap. it started right up nice and ran well, it idled nicely too.which it has not done since inital start up! it also starts up good when hot too! looks like just a bad new carb that caused all the trouble. i wonder what the difference is between a "141a" & "147a" is?????.....but anyway it sure does cut and go good now :rock:

my first 555 out of the box,is ready for sale now :clap:

Latest posts

Back