562xp Trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well today i got the new carb from husqvarna complete with the hook up on the carb. i took off the hook up from the old carb and installed it on the new carb , so i would'nt lose all the info stored in it since start up. the swap was easy and quick. the original carb was a: EL44B141A and the replacement carb is a: EL44B147A. i did a master reset to the saw after the carb swap. it started right up nice and ran well, it idled nicely too.which it has not done since inital start up! it also starts up good when hot too! looks like just a bad new carb that caused all the trouble. i wonder what the difference is between a "141a" & "147a" is?????.....but anyway it sure does cut and go good now :rock:

my first 555 out of the box,is ready for sale now :clap:

First of all you guys are getting way too caught up on the whole carb programming itself and cutting for 3-5 minutes to program itself. Hardly any of my loggers have done it and the ones that have say that it doesn't make any difference. I have tried it on mine and didn't make any difference. The last time I ran my saw it was like 15 out and I ran it yesterday and it was 82 out and it ran perfect. It adjusts itself while it is running. The first thing you guys might check that have one that's running funny is the case screws. They are going to change them because the original screws can loose there torque and loosen due to the coating on the screw. They are changing them to the same screw used for the 357 cylinder. They have also been having problems with some of the carbs. There is a check valve in the primer circuit that can stick and basically make it seem like a little air leak or a lean bog and can also make them start hard on a hot restart. Eventually the saw won't run, at the same time the primer won't pump fuel either. They are working on the saws intermittantly cutting out at idle and sometimes stalling also. Had a conference call with some of the guys from Sweden who enlightened me to some of this. They'll get them straightened out. It is a very small portion that are having problems but of course it gets blown out of proportion. I haven't had one that I couldn't straighten out yet. The biggest problem is dealers that don't have a clue what they are doing.

I wonder if Husky will do the right thing and do a recall for a dealer fix with the updates. I kind of doubt that myself. A 6 month warranty isn't going to be long enough. Is that why it's 6 month's instead of a year or even two like some makers?

For what its worth. Ive had both the 555 and 562xp. I had no issues at all the short time I owned the 555. I sold it to mdavlee and he has not had any issues with her. The 562xp IMO is by far the best stock saw "I" have ever owned. No issues at all. I really hate to hear about any issues with these saws.

Likewise I have got 576 at that I have had for 3 years and she is strong runner

My observations gleaned from reading about this saw are completely unofficial but i'll throw this out anyway. Since this saw became available several members have bought one, guessing 25 - 30 maybe. I read here a little everyday, could have missed some i suppose. Now lately some members have had problems of one sort or the other, how many, 5-6 maybe. Math tells me thats 20 percent. Thats not good. Yeah i know this is only a small representative sample, but a sample none the less. Even 2 out of 30 would be unacceptable. Flame on:msp_scared:

I wonder if Husky will do the right thing and do a recall for a dealer fix with the updates. I kind of doubt that myself. A 6 month warranty isn't going to be long enough. Is that why it's 6 month's instead of a year or even two like some makers?

The book that came with my 562 says it has a 2 year warranty.

If Husqvarna are saying to do an intial run of 3-5 minutes at full load or what ever, why would you not do this? Now you may say it makes no difference, but if it keeps Husky happy I would just do it to cover basics and bases. Hearing from loggers that doing it either way, is some what imformative, but unless you pull all the saws down in a controlled test and check everything including the electronics to see the out come of those test loaded and those not, you will never know the real facts.

Im sure like anything there will always be teething problems with a new product, its just that these new saws have more potential areas to be a problem than say a 262xp or 357xp. And every time Husky or Stihl bring out a new model I would expect similar teething problems. Hopefully they will learn more along the way and do more initail real world testing before release.

What does worry me is if there are air leak, coil or carb problems, what damage is this doing to the piston and cylinder :msp_unsure:

I can see the advantages in electronics on these things, but at the end of the day all saws are built to a price. I love working on my saws as much as using them. I will stick with the "2" series and "3" series saws. Solo has really caught my eye also, shame about the crank problems in the 681 and availability of the of the other models.

btw im not a dealer or a logger, just a web sawer

yes it does.
here's what it looks like.

will be more available as time goes on i would think,seeings how it's so new now,and hard to get

Let's hope they spent as much time designing the tool as they did making the box look nice!

In all seriousness though, this has been a pretty interesting thread. On the service end it's pretty cool that you can see all that information. As saws get used quite a bit it will truly be interesting to see how many hours get logged, etc.

Sounds like things have gone over reasonably well with just a few hiccups in a few places. Seems like husky has been having a lot of carb problems lately though.

Yep, husqvarna has been having TONS of carb issues. Just changed out 4 new carbs on my 576, on my fifth one now and she is running great. 2 new 455 ranchers had bad carbs out of the box, three new 435's also had leaking carbs!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yep, husqvarna has been having TONS of carb issues. Just changed out 4 new carbs on my 576, on my fifth one now and she is running great. 2 new 455 ranchers had bad carbs out of the box, three new 435's also had leaking carbs!!!!!!

To me it looks like all brands have, and it doesn't seem like the brand of the carbs matter much either.....;)

HAA, just a half hour ago I had a T435 that had a previous carb leaking fuel into crankcase out of the box.. put on the new carb, then I ran it for 5 min then it died and wont restart, now the ignition module tests bad. common now WTF is going on with quality control. Ohh wait there is no such thing as quality control............:mad2:

Well I keeping my 562Xp, its going to the grave with me, just love that saw...Next month I will no longer be a shop mechanic, I going logging and switching over to stihl ms440's, have had very few issues with those saws, thats what counts when a saw is put to use feeding a family.
I done with husqvarnas bullcrap, no more tech work for me YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:msp_thumbsup:

Back