562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmbrman

stumped
Reaction score
I was not going to purchase one of these yet, but, well,, maybe some of you can relate?
Smoothest saw I ever ran, REAL easy on the body, and wicked fast, especially limbing. I ran three tanks of fuel thru today and look forward to another day tomorrow. Chainsawnut460 promised to help break the saw in saturday, maybe between the two of us we can figure out how to do a video.

attachment.php

View attachment 214140

Nice looking saw - enjoy it!

(Maybe you can bring it to the Charity Cut for Interfaith Caregivers in Webster January 8th, and we can help you break it in a little?)

Philbert

Philbert,

I will mark January 8 on my calendar and see what happens between now and then, thanks for the heads up. Be nice to meet some of you.

Sidenote, the thread about nerve damage did give me a good excuse for this purchase, and I am amazed at how good my fingers, hands, wrists and arms feel tonight.

-chandler

Wow. Thats very nice. Im glad you like it. I bet it has a lot of torque.......

I have had several news saws over the years and never pass judgement too soon as I have in the past been disapointed with stock saws, not this one! I am not sure it is fair to the 562 because several of my saws are MONKEYED (woods ported by Scott), but the 562 is a keeper.

I read somewhere on here that you might send tree monkey a 372xpw? I am looking forward to how that turns out.

Be safe! -chandler

I have had several news saws over the years and never pass judgement too soon as I have in the past been disapointed with stock saws, not this one! I am not sure it is fair to the 562 because several of my saws are MONKEYED (woods ported by Scott), but the 562 is a keeper.

I read somewhere on here that you might send tree monkey a 372xpw? I am looking forward to how that turns out.

Be safe! -chandler

My Lord, if you have tree monkey ported saws, and are sayin this 562 is a keeper, then im gettin a 562 4 sure. And yes sir, Im actually sendin Scott a 372xpw and a 390xp. Cant wait to get em back. Surely appreciate your feedback on the 562. Thats certainly all i need to know.

562xp keeper

my lord, if you have tree monkey ported saws, and are sayin this 562 is a keeper, then im gettin a 562 4 sure. And yes sir, im actually sendin scott a 372xpw and a 390xp. Cant wait to get em back. Surely appreciate your feedback on the 562. Thats certainly all i need to know.

hey mac if you love your dads 555 you will be more than impressed when you get 562xp i have 5 fellow wood cutters we cut every sat.they all said how smooth my 562xp is.yesterday we skidded 4 ash 14 to 16 inch at base for our weekly gtg.my son challenged me to cut off.562xp vs old faithful 266se he is taking 562xp.both will run 16 inch bars new chains. I am fond of that old saw but it weighs half lbs. More than 562xp with b/c gas oil.the 562xp just seems to make you forget any weight issues because it handles so sweet. Hope post pic next time out. .

hey mac if you love your dads 555 you will be more than impressed when you get 562xp i have 5 fellow wood cutters we cut every sat.they all said how smooth my 562xp is.yesterday we skidded 4 ash 14 to 16 inch at base for our weekly gtg.my son challenged me to cut off.562xp vs old faithful 266se he is taking 562xp.both will run 16 inch bars new chains. I am fond of that old saw but it weighs half lbs. More than 562xp with b/c gas oil.the 562xp just seems to make you forget any weight issues because it handles so sweet. Hope post pic next time out. .

Awesome man! Thanks for the review. I know you guys have a blast. Thats great.:clap:

Philbert,

I will mark January 8 on my calendar and see what happens between now and then, thanks for the heads up. Be nice to meet some of you.

Sidenote, the thread about nerve damage did give me a good excuse for this purchase, and I am amazed at how good my fingers, hands, wrists and arms feel tonight.

-chandler

We are also having a play day mini gtg on the 7th so even if you guys can only come then would be fine. I don't think you have been to a good safety meeting yet! :)

Makes me wish I didn't have a ported jred 2156
In that slot already. Might have to wait til one comes
out in red, hopefully heated handles :)

Yup. A Johnnyred would be beautiful. All decked out with heated handles. A real Cadillac. :cool2:

A 16" is perfect on all the lighter 60cc saws, anything more is a trade-off, that should be used only when needed! :biggrinbounce2:

We are also having a play day mini gtg on the 7th so even if you guys can only come then would be fine. I don't think you have been to a good safety meeting yet! :)

Open to safety meetings :)

I would have liked very much to have heated handles, and actually prefer the small mount bar. Family went to the woods and cut some birch firewood today, ran three more tanks thru the 562 and I am not familiar with the autotune, but the saw seems to respond to how you use it? Rpm's barely drop from WOT no load when cutting 4" birch. Saw is awesome. Hopefully I can figure out how to do a video, but it took me over an hour to put a picture into a post. gggrrrr!

Usually after a few tanks of fuel my hands and fingers start to bother me, but not with this saw. The old 262 might not get used much anymore.

Back