562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I couldn't be happier with it. And I was very skeptical about a modern saw replacing my 262 as my main firewood saw. but with only a few tanks run through it, I'm impressed.
Its -25* here this morning. And yesterday when I had it out, it was only -2*. I'm gonna through on the winter kit and test out this autotune business in the cold.

On a side note the only thing, besides the large mount,(which I'm getting over) that I don't like about the saw, is the fact that i had to punch out the warm cylinder air opening. And try keep track of the little rubber plug until it warms up outside.

I don't use the winter kits, even though they come with the Husky and Jred saws here, but I open that air opening when the temp indicate it.

I don't use the winter kits, even though they come with the Husky and Jred saws here, but I open that air opening when the temp indicate it.

Really??? Huh... Why is that might I ask? I would imagine you get as much if not more snow up there than here. My wood lot has thigh to waist deep snow and I find that my flywheel gets considerably less snow and ice buildup with that cover installed. Now in my thinking, (which is not usually right) that build up of snow and ice would greatly reduce airflow. Much more so than what the cover restricts.
just my thoughts on the whole winter thing. My 562 has one, my newly acquired 346 has one, and I had one for my 365. for the 254 and 262 i just used hockey tape on the bottom of the starter cover.(it's water proof and doesn't leave a mess of glue and dust once removed, like duct tape does)

Really??? Huh... Why is that might I ask? I would imagine you get as much if not more snow up there than here. My wood lot has thigh to waist deep snow and I find that my flywheel gets considerably less snow and ice buildup with that cover installed. Now in my thinking, (which is not usually right) that build up of snow and ice would greatly reduce airflow. Much more so than what the cover restricts.
just my thoughts on the whole winter thing. My 562 has one, my newly acquired 346 has one, and I had one for my 365. for the 254 and 262 i just used hockey tape on the bottom of the starter cover.(it's water proof and doesn't leave a mess of glue and dust once removed, like duct tape does)

:smile2: Very simple, I usually don't cut in such conditions! :msp_wink:

:smile2: Very simple, I usually don't cut in such conditions! :msp_wink:

Ahh, haha I see.
I work from spring to fall. So my only free time is in the winter. I'm used to it now though. And enjoy cutting in the winter months. It takes a lot longer to get a truck load though.

Ahh, haha I see.
I work from spring to fall. So my only free time is in the winter. I'm used to it now though. And enjoy cutting in the winter months. It takes a lot longer to get a truck load though.

Less efficient for me as well, in the woods! :msp_wink:

Here in Finland the winter kit is really a must, when there is powdery snow and the temperature drops down to -20 celcius or more.
This winter i've been mostly cutting trees fallen by storm, and a lot of snow has built up on the trunks. Without the blue strater cover, the carburetor would suck the loose snow inside and the air filter would freeze along with the throttle wire. I am also a huge fan of the heated handles, they offer comfort during the autumn rains and cold.

I've been greatly pleased with the new 560 xpg, it has a lot of power, enough to almost sit on it while cutting without any struggle. It is quite agile when limbing and accelerates quickly.
The only negative sides have been it's poor starting when warm. It take 2-3 hard pulls to start, though using the primer usually helps.
I also had the problem with the leaking gasket under the muffler, but this is now sorted out.

I recently had an opportunity to try out the 550 xp as well, it feels much like its predecessor 346 xp, but seems to be a bit lighter and powerful.

Here in Finland the winter kit is really a must, when there is powdery snow and the temperature drops down to -20 celcius or more.
This winter i've been mostly cutting trees fallen by storm, and a lot of snow has built up on the trunks. Without the blue strater cover, the carburetor would suck the loose snow inside and the air filter would freeze along with the throttle wire. I am also a huge fan of the heated handles, they offer comfort during the autumn rains and cold.

I've been greatly pleased with the new 560 xpg, it has a lot of power, enough to almost sit on it while cutting without any struggle. It is quite agile when limbing and accelerates quickly.
The only negative sides have been it's poor starting when warm. It take 2-3 hard pulls to start, though using the primer usually helps.
I also had the problem with the leaking gasket under the muffler, but this is now sorted out.

I recently had an opportunity to try out the 550 xp as well, it feels much like its predecessor 346 xp, but seems to be a bit lighter and powerful.

Posts like yours are what show the real quality of saws.:rock: I tend not to measure saw quality by the amount of cookies cut or how fast it can be done. The quality of a saw is determined by 20-40 tanks of fuel/week and rain or shine conditions. I bet you will see lots of little bugs going forward. My biggest concern with these new pro saws(555 and 562) would be in regards to lower weight and crankcase strength with all that power and speed. The 357xp was dogged with crankcase issues, not from cutting cookies mind you, but from periods of extended professional use.

Have your pop off pressure and metering lever checked. This has been the remedy to the stammer in acceleration and hot starts.

I worked out the problem with the outer dawg with tech service, the part number crossed to 96 instead of 97 which is the problem. The correct dawg is currently showing a b/o date of 4/5, but Tony at tech service put the one he got a hold of in the mail for me so I should see it soon. will post a pic when it shows.

Posts like yours are what show the real quality of saws.:rock: I tend not to measure saw quality by the amount of cookies cut or how fast it can be done. The quality of a saw is determined by 20-40 tanks of fuel/week and rain or shine conditions. I bet you will see lots of little bugs going forward. My biggest concern with these new pro saws(555 and 562) would be in regards to lower weight and crankcase strength with all that power and speed. The 357xp was dogged with crankcase issues, not from cutting cookies mind you, but from periods of extended professional use.

We've got about 80 cord of wood on the ground with the 562 so far and it has turned a dyed in the wool Stihl man into a 562xp lover. My bosses direct quote to the guy I work with was "In the firewood we're cutting (6-18" red/white oak, ash, hickory, locust, soft/hard maple, beech, etc.) it out cuts the 441 and 372 without the weight and vibration, and is marginally slower in bigger wood". That is a HUGE statement coming from that man. I have only seen one issue with the saw so far and that is the air filtration is not as good as the 372 and it IS letting some dirt through, although I must admit as a Husky owner I don't check the filter regularly and don't know if it let anything through before it started clogging. Here's a pic of the work site:cheers:

attachment.php

Thats farkin awesome man. I just knew the 562xp had to be a real stud when i bought the 555. No doubt about it now!
And not to mention when ya have men like the Helsels say its a great saw, then thats a fine a seal of approval as any IMHO. Im gettin me a 562xp. :)

We've got about 80 cord of wood on the ground with the 562 so far and it has turned a dyed in the wool Stihl man into a 562xp lover. My bosses direct quote to the guy I work with was "In the firewood we're cutting (6-18" red/white oak, ash, hickory, locust, soft/hard maple, beech, etc.) it out cuts the 441 and 372 without the weight and vibration, and is marginally slower in bigger wood". That is a HUGE statement coming from that man. I have only seen one issue with the saw so far and that is the air filtration is not as good as the 372 and it IS letting some dirt through, although I must admit as a Husky owner I don't check the filter regularly and don't know if it let anything through before it started clogging. Here's a pic of the work site:cheers:

attachment.php
thanks T-saw for the pic ! always look forward to your posts. Will you be adding another 562 to your work saws ? my 562 is running great ,only 25 to 30 tanks so far . not near as many as you . Can you notice any difference in fuel consumption? thanks-ddale

thanks T-saw for the pic ! always look forward to your posts. Will you be adding another 562 to your work saws ? my 562 is running great ,only 25 to 30 tanks so far . not near as many as you . Can you notice any difference in fuel consumption? thanks-ddale

thanks ddale, we're actually done cutting for now as we've got a firewood shortage around here and started splitting so I just cleaned the saws up and ran some motomix through'em and stowed them away. I noticed the usual improvement during break in but as with all saws economy goes way up and down based on the size of what ur cutting so hard to tell. As for buying another 562 I might not have to as the boss said "make sure you order some of those saws like Tommy's" when we were getting our Husky handheld order to gether, so he might end up buy one:biggrinbounce2:

What was the fix for the leaking gasket under the muffler?

Back