562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the fix for the leaking gasket under the muffler?

My local husky service had an extra 560 that had been stripped for spare parts. To save time, they simply replaced the entire crankcase.
They were kind enouhg to offer me a replacement saw for the time my own was under repair!! They are famous for good service...

Last edited:
My local husky service had an extra 560 that had been stripped for spare parts. To save time, they simply replaced the entire crankcase.
They were kind enouhg to offer me a replacement saw for the time my own was under repair!! They are famous for good service...

It''s great that they fixed it for you but that sounds awful familiar to the 357xp. On mine I have to tighten muffler screws constantly and it has had 2 crankcases on it. Before everyone jumps on the "you must be doing something wrong bandwagon" I have 15 years experience running chainsaws and clearing saws professionally and never had such issues with any Husqvarna chainsaw before the 357/359. Husky makes a great handling saw with great power but they are cheaping out on the materials in the crankcases and it does not hold up. They don't build them like they used to.

It''s great that they fixed it for you but that sounds awful familiar to the 357xp. On mine I have to tighten muffler screws constantly and it has had 2 crankcases on it. Before everyone jumps on the "you must be doing something wrong bandwagon" I have 15 years experience running chainsaws and clearing saws professionally and never had such issues with any Husqvarna chainsaw before the 357/359. Husky makes a great handling saw with great power but they are cheaping out on the materials in the crankcases and it does not hold up. They don't build them like they used to.

Whatever this is about, it surely isn't about "cheaping out". Also, I have never heard of leaks behind the muffler on a 357/359 before, but it is a fact that they beefed up the case at a very early stage.......:rolleyes:

Posts like yours are what show the real quality of saws.:rock: I tend not to measure saw quality by the amount of cookies cut or how fast it can be done. The quality of a saw is determined by 20-40 tanks of fuel/week and rain or shine conditions. I bet you will see lots of little bugs going forward. My biggest concern with these new pro saws(555 and 562) would be in regards to lower weight and crankcase strength with all that power and speed. The 357xp was dogged with crankcase issues, not from cutting cookies mind you, but from periods of extended professional use.

First of all, the 555 is not a pro saw. and as sawT has said in another post, one of the differences between the two saws IS the beefier case, and bracing. (not that there is anything wrong with the 555, but it is not a pro saw)
As far as "lots of little bugs going forward" I'm not sure what it is you think that is all that different from previous models. there have been many posts about the saw with tones of tanks run throught them, with some hard use. I haven't seen a post or herd of yet, with anyone saying they want their money back or the 562 is a turd and will be put on a shelf permanently.

If its the autotune that bugs you I could understand that. It's a feature not everyone is ready for. (I'm not going to get into the fuel injected car thing) but the autotune has already been proven on the 57< models.

Is it the reduced weight thing that bugs you? Because in my opinion, it's been along time coming. Almost every form of mobile technology out there is constantly improving its "power to weight ratio". in the small engine world, look at snowmobiles, dirt bikes and street bikes, just to name a few. As technology improves so does the ability to strengthen and shave weight where it's not needed.

Is the 562 the perfect saw to end all future improvements? Absolutely not. But it's a start and a dam good saw. (WARNING: my opinion is not based on cookie cutting, so there for should be taken very lightly, if at all)

I'm confused as to why you dislike this saw. ( if I even took your post in the correct context) as far as I know the 555 isn't even available in Canada until the end of march (I could be wrong on that date but that's what I've heard) and the 562 sometime after that.

You sound mad that you have to tighten you muffler so frequently. I would have thought that someone with your experience running a saw would have thought of a high-temp thread locker, or a the very least a couple of lock washers?

All of my deepest apologies for the rant.

But go out and atleast try a demo that has been used and abused by people that probably went in for a loop of safety chain. Then come back and tell us how bad the quality of husqvarna chainsaws are.

First of all, the 555 is not a pro saw. and as sawT has said in another post, one of the differences between the two saws IS the beefier case, and bracing. (not that there is anything wrong with the 555, but it is not a pro saw)
As far as "lots of little bugs going forward" I'm not sure what it is you think that is all that different from previous models. there have been many posts about the saw with tones of tanks run throught them, with some hard use. I haven't seen a post or herd of yet, with anyone saying they want their money back or the 562 is a turd and will be put on a shelf permanently.

If its the autotune that bugs you I could understand that. It's a feature not everyone is ready for. (I'm not going to get into the fuel injected car thing) but the autotune has already been proven on the 57< models.

Is it the reduced weight thing that bugs you? Because in my opinion, it's been along time coming. Almost every form of mobile technology out there is constantly improving its "power to weight ratio". in the small engine world, look at snowmobiles, dirt bikes and street bikes, just to name a few. As technology improves so does the ability to strengthen and shave weight where it's not needed.

Is the 562 the perfect saw to end all future improvements? Absolutely not. But it's a start and a dam good saw. (WARNING: my opinion is not based on cookie cutting, so there for should be taken very lightly, if at all)

I'm confused as to why you dislike this saw. ( if I even took your post in the correct context) as far as I know the 555 isn't even available in Canada until the end of march (I could be wrong on that date but that's what I've heard) and the 562 sometime after that.

You sound mad that you have to tighten you muffler so frequently. I would have thought that someone with your experience running a saw would have thought of a high-temp thread locker, or a the very least a couple of lock washers?

All of my deepest apologies for the rant.

But go out and atleast try a demo that has been used and abused by people that probably went in for a loop of safety chain. Then come back and tell us how bad the quality of husqvarna chainsaws are.

I have had great sucess with Husqvarna saws from the 2 series and not so good luck with the 3 series, I may be pre judging the 5 series based on the 357. I will wait and see how this saw turns out. There is no need to rant, I get that from the wife. :msp_biggrin:The 555 is available here. I have used thread locker in the past but did'nt have any at this particular time. I have never tried a demo.cheers.

I MAY have been a little harsh...
But it seems my rant WAS needed. Two of your posts in this thread were along the lines of... That shows the quality of a saw and husqvarna is cheeping out... Now it's to the tune of just your bad luck. So you had bad luck with ONE saw. Should you condemn all the others? That's up to you.
I'm just saying don't knock it until you try it.

I MAY have been a little harsh...
But it seems my rant WAS needed. Two of your posts in this thread were along the lines of... That shows the quality of a saw and husqvarna is cheeping out... Now it's to the tune of just your bad luck. So you had bad luck with ONE saw. Should you condemn all the others? That's up to you.
I'm just saying don't knock it until you try it.

Ok man its just a saw, lets move on ok.cheers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

well the dawg kit showed up for the 562xp today, not bad looking but I'll have to test'em out soon:msp_thumbup:

thanks ddale, we're actually done cutting for now as we've got a firewood shortage around here and started splitting so I just cleaned the saws up and ran some motomix through'em and stowed them away. I noticed the usual improvement during break in but as with all saws economy goes way up and down based on the size of what ur cutting so hard to tell. As for buying another 562 I might not have to as the boss said "make sure you order some of those saws like Tommy's" when we were getting our Husky handheld order to gether, so he might end up buy one:biggrinbounce2:

update, my boss, the one who's last dog was named Stihl (not joking) is selling one of his 441s and buying a 562xp. This is great for me on a couple of levels number one being I will NEVER let him live it down and the second is now I don't have to buy another 562xp... :msp_unsure: well make that one and a half levels :msp_tongue:

update, my boss, the one who's last dog was named Stihl (not joking) is selling one of his 441s and buying a 562xp. This is great for me on a couple of levels number one being I will NEVER let him live it down and the second is now I don't have to buy another 562xp... :msp_unsure: well make that one and a half levels :msp_tongue:
Thats great news [T-saw] let the sawing begin ! We started logging yesterday,for spring lumber cutting,a couple of white oaks.20 to 24". Still using 562 with 16" bar. Put 3/8

chain on 357 with 16" bar, now all saws have same b/c. Keep it simple make it light, 562 fits just right!

How is the techlite bar doing?

great, I love it and it has held up well so far. The finish is much more durable than the regular bars, in fact I just got another one today and am putting this bar on the 372. does anyone know for sure who is making them as they don't resemble Oregon bars to me?

great, I love it and it has held up well so far. The finish is much more durable than the regular bars, in fact I just got another one today and am putting this bar on the 372. does anyone know for sure who is making them as they don't resemble Oregon bars to me?

Husky makes them at their own bar factory in Norway - actually a lot of the laminated Husky, Jonsered etc branded bars are made there. ;)

Just putting this out there... But if anyone would be willing to ship the spike kit to Canada that would be great. Still not available here yet.
Thanks

Back