570 results woods ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiknhawk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is the test saw I have been working on for quite a while now. With over 100 hours combined with flow bench with smoke to watch flow signal as piston moves threw out its stroke and points of timing ... i know most dont give two hoots but I'm proud of this saw considering how the stock power output threw muffler mods 8 different mods and location of ports in muffler to how big and small the muffler ports are this saw screams. The owner of it now runs with a 28in bar full house 3/8 chain 7 pin sprocket .I'll get some video of it cutting cookies even though it was not built for it I think a 6.5 second average in 20 inch wood running fat on the needle is dam impressing. Hp from factory 4.9 advertised hp which actually on my dyno.mite dynamometer was more in the 5.1hp range after 4 tanks of fuel... now after woods porting tons of different cylinder and piston arrangements and port timing, cross section, sizes to many hours porting and flow bench testing we used 5 different cyl and 9 pistons to come up with this beast 7.8 hp... almost 6 months now in the woods and his favorite saw he just ordered three more cyl and pistons with me to build three more twins to this set up..I just got done reassembling it after I tore it down and checked everything from crankshaft bearings up right back together with new crank seals just because it's not a good idea imo to reuse even though they have been apart and reused now 3 times I'll get some video from him of her
51dfed237428f95ea938ed6f8a3ce278.jpg
0f64818234d0aa5519480ec38cfa841c.jpg
dc82ac5ccfd26f577fbaf9504a61f7ed.jpg
a8f1c9b7db486c9f0d44d8c151d4c5b2.jpg
9d06c6054953820100437a284fa3ceec.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nope someone who dont need to promote himself he let's his work do the talking and has a pretty big following just old school dont do the whole computer bs been doing buisness for years without it and still at it am trying this new age stuff tbt it's a lot overrated books tell hands show how and both work together in harmony

Nope someone who dont need to promote himself he let's his work do the talking and has a pretty big following just old school dont do the whole computer bs been doing buisness for years without it and still at it am trying this new age stuff tbt it's a lot overrated books tell hands show how and both work together in harmony

Your not suppose to take a under rated saw and make it a performer. Lol congrats this is a awesome saw and sounds like you made it even better. My youngest son everytime he comes over he brags about how awesome the 570 I gave him is. He reads negative stuff about it and says there wrong. Both my sons are running stock 570’s now and like them. I always said there were good saws. Congrats.

Is the rotary engine for your next saw build?

I see one problem, well without running it I’m not sure about the exhaust port facing straight out. It could be a problem when buckin the exhaust hits the tree and then we get the exhaust fumes in our face, again I’m not sure, I didn’t run it. The fix would be to angle it to the left.? I could be wrong. But the increase in hp is awesome. The factory could learn from your porting. Lighter saw more hp.?

What if you took a 575 & 576 and ported it? My two saws when new the 575 was a tad slower than my 385xp. Now you have me thinking about a big bore kit on my 385. Rather than buy a bigger new saw.

It’s more fun to cut in the woods with a Ported hot saw. The 288 was awesome to buck with.
Now you have me wanting to port my 570 that has low compression. I can put a new ring in it or I have a orginal oem husky cylinder/piston top end kit from husky. I’d rather salvage the used cylinder if it’s still good hate to waste new parts.

Need more info on the rotary. Please tell me it's going in an rx7 you rescued from some redneck that was gonna waist a perfectly good car on an ls1 motor.

Need more info on the rotary. Please tell me it's going in an rx7 you rescued from some redneck that was gonna waist a perfectly good car on an ls1 motor.
The 13b build number holly crap I lost count lol. I have been in the performance world of drag racing for a very long time been run 1320 at a time since I was 14.. in my 72 dodge dart swinger I miss that car and my dad was right you will regret selling that after I built it to the edge of disaster..anyhow long story short in Orlando Florida Orlando speedworld I built a name for myself at a young age for building some very nice fast cars like i said i me myself and i built my first car a 72 dodge dart swinger motor trans rear end minitubbed rollcage dash wiring and all the new toys and hot parts at the time... the day i bought it for 4300 dollars in Kissimmee fl at age of 14 it had a stock 318 in it well it ran a 13.90 after alot of tweeking cam degreed intake headers the basics ..i popped that 318 on purpose one night at track trying to catch what would become a great friendship Jerry Vegas fro orl FL in his 72 datsun b210 with a 13b street ported bottle fed I was at the time running mid 11s on a 175 shot he sas running 11.13 evry pass on same shot I kept bumping timing and adding fuel and bottle with jets until I was bumper to bumper with him and we both went threw the 1230 at 11.15 I pulled a .506tree he pulled a.514 tree so the smoke show was a good one at the 1320 that's when I pulled a special interest in rotarys and let the apex seals fly rezurch and me adapting a rotor plate and houding to a flow bench made alot of ricans in FL mad that dam gringo it's going in a 85 Mazda 5 LETTER GSLSE WITH A FORD 9 IN STREET CAR JUST A LITTLE BOOST FULLY STUDDED BLOCK 4 PORT P BRIDGE I USED FOR YEARS LAST BUILD WITH SAME SET UP PUT 669 PONYS TO THE GROUND WITH A SINGLE 88MM PERCISION TURBO GOING TO SHOW SOME OF THE HILLBILLIES IN MY HOME STATE THAT THERE LITTLE FORD IS GOING TO SHOT IT SELF TRYING TO CATCH THAT LITTLE MAZDA LOL ALL IT TOOK TO AS ONE MOUTH TO RUN ONE FRI NITE LAST YEAR AND ITS ON RUNNING FOR PINKS TOO ALL BECAUSE HE WAS BEING MISTER BIG MOUTH TO A YOUNGER FELLA DRIVING A 88 TWIN TURBO I SAID DANG BUDDY LET UP OFF THE YOUNGER GENERATION HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS SAYING AND ROTARYS ARE NO LAUGHING MATTER IVE BUILT SOME FAST ONES IN MY TIME THAT WAS IT A YEAR LATTER IM DONE WITH MY CAR DONE SOME TEST HITS OFF CONCRETE ONTO PAVEMENT I HOPE HEBUILT HIS TO RUN BETTER THEN THAT 1060 HE RAN ALL YEAR. TO BE MORE IN THE 890 AREA TO MAKE ITFUN WHEN I TAKE HIS CAR IM GIVING IT TO THAT YOUNG MAN HE RAGGED ON SO HARD

The 13b build number holly crap I lost count lol. I have been in the performance world of drag racing for a very long time been run 1320 at a time since I was 14.. in my 72 dodge dart swinger I miss that car and my dad was right you will regret selling that after I built it to the edge of disaster..anyhow long story short in Orlando Florida Orlando speedworld I built a name for myself at a young age for building some very nice fast cars like i said i me myself and i built my first car a 72 dodge dart swinger motor trans rear end minitubbed rollcage dash wiring and all the new toys and hot parts at the time... the day i bought it for 4300 dollars in Kissimmee fl at age of 14 it had a stock 318 in it well it ran a 13.90 after alot of tweeking cam degreed intake headers the basics ..i popped that 318 on purpose one night at track trying to catch what would become a great friendship Jerry Vegas fro orl FL in his 72 datsun b210 with a 13b street ported bottle fed I was at the time running mid 11s on a 175 shot he sas running 11.13 evry pass on same shot I kept bumping timing and adding fuel and bottle with jets until I was bumper to bumper with him and we both went threw the 1230 at 11.15 I pulled a .506tree he pulled a.514 tree so the smoke show was a good one at the 1320 that's when I pulled a special interest in rotarys and let the apex seals fly rezurch and me adapting a rotor plate and houding to a flow bench made alot of ricans in FL mad that dam gringo it's going in a 85 Mazda 5 LETTER GSLSE WITH A FORD 9 IN STREET CAR JUST A LITTLE BOOST FULLY STUDDED BLOCK 4 PORT P BRIDGE I USED FOR YEARS LAST BUILD WITH SAME SET UP PUT 669 PONYS TO THE GROUND WITH A SINGLE 88MM PERCISION TURBO GOING TO SHOW SOME OF THE HILLBILLIES IN MY HOME STATE THAT THERE LITTLE FORD IS GOING TO SHOT IT SELF TRYING TO CATCH THAT LITTLE MAZDA LOL ALL IT TOOK TO AS ONE MOUTH TO RUN ONE FRI NITE LAST YEAR AND ITS ON RUNNING FOR PINKS TOO ALL BECAUSE HE WAS BEING MISTER BIG MOUTH TO A YOUNGER FELLA DRIVING A 88 TWIN TURBO I SAID DANG BUDDY LET UP OFF THE YOUNGER GENERATION HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS SAYING AND ROTARYS ARE NO LAUGHING MATTER IVE BUILT SOME FAST ONES IN MY TIME THAT WAS IT A YEAR LATTER IM DONE WITH MY CAR DONE SOME TEST HITS OFF CONCRETE ONTO PAVEMENT I HOPE HEBUILT HIS TO RUN BETTER THEN THAT 1060 HE RAN ALL YEAR. TO BE MORE IN THE 890 AREA TO MAKE ITFUN WHEN I TAKE HIS CAR IM GIVING IT TO THAT YOUNG MAN HE RAGGED ON SO HARD

Sorry about the book guys I get going and holly crap lol

It’s more fun to cut in the woods with a Ported hot saw. The 288 was awesome to buck with.
Now you have me wanting to port my 570 that has low compression. I can put a new ring in it or I have a orginal oem husky cylinder/piston top end kit from husky. I’d rather salvage the used cylinder if it’s still good hate to waste new parts.
HUSKYBILL HOW ARE U DOING BUD .
Yes the port straight does pop exaust back at you when calm outside also I have heard it can get hot on extreme dry wood as well ... I was testing port arrangements on stock mufflers on dyno and this set up went rather nice in numbers on dyno ... a .3 gain over all other arrangements there were 8 muffler mods that I tried after smoke testing a muffler on flow bench what a pain in the butt . I cut one muffler side completely off glued it to a clear pieace of acrylic and bolted to the cyl put it on my flow tech and went to adding smoke I learned alot that day with many different cylinders ..the Fogg hugged that lowwer left corner with no swirling affect obviously the exaust wanted that corner once I opened it up I had to turn the fog machine up from #3 to number 10 just to be able to see the smoke in flow pattern it also showed me the highest exaust rebound affect as piston was moved up and down in cyl.. it took me over a week to get this set up working on a snowmobile cyl. for a fella that builds and owns a nor east us sled shop. he held the world record radar pass on a two stroke tripple snomobile from what he told me after I finished his port job on this bench.. I set up to be able to install a piston and use a electric motor on a foot peddle I stold off my tig machine. So I could run a certain rpm which are very slow not even close to idling when Engine is running but it open up a whole world of info in port design... yep i have built just about every saw out there from stock to snot rocket with and without the laughing gas. With that being said I hope they keep on downing the 570,75,76 saws so I can keep on buying them at a reasonable price. So fellas you are so right those 570,75,76 saw are a waiste of money just buy a 372 xp like mine.. and his and his, his, hers, his ,there's...its got better power it's a whopping real world scale bar, oil, chain,gas, weight lighter buy .8 lbs depending on what scale in what bathroom at the playboy mansion u use just a plain out boat anchor ... keep up the reviews guys along with that thing we all have that is exactly the same between thousandths of men women in world called opinions. LMAO..I will keep on building these 570,75,76 along with any other husqvarna,stihl,poulan,mcculloch,echo,red,
Blue,green,purple,pink,saw a customer ask me to OH YEAH P.S THOSE DANG CHINA SAWS ARE ALSO THE BIGGEST JUNK EVER ... YOU SHOULD NEVER BUY ONE OR BUILD ONE..I ORDERED UP A COUPLE KITSAWS AND WOULD U BELIVE IT THERE WAS TWO CASE SCREWS MISSING AND THE OILER WAS COVERED IN OIL I PUT IT TOGETHER ANY WAYS WITH THOSE CRAP CHINA BEARINGS MY BUDDY SAID WERE JUNK I PUT FUEL IN IT AFTER BUILDING AND IT.................!!! SILENT FOR A WHILE .. WELL AFTER IT STARTED AND I TUNED IT BUY HEARING AID AND A FLASHLIGHT RAN OK FOR ABOUT 50 GALLONS OF FUEL THEN PUKED ITS GUTTS OUT CAN U BELIEVE THAT THING IS A POS ... SORRY HISKYBILL IM RAMBLING LOL COFFEE WAS GOOD THIS MORNING I AGREE BUD THOSE 570 SERIES ARE GREAT SAWS WITH MORE POWER STOCK THEN ANY HUSY SAW IN CCSIZE SAME AND LOWER.. ITS COMON LAW NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. HAVE A GOOD DAY BUD IM CUTTING FIRE WOOD FOR THE FIRE PIT FOR THIS SUMMER TODAY

Latest posts

Back