572 xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteJest

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked this up today. Figured I'd share a few photos before it goes to work Monday.

20190607_143442.jpg

The guy that builds my saws does a really nice job on the mufflers, always pass right through fire inspection.

20190607_143059.jpg

The wrap kit comes with a beefier clutch cover. Pretty much a gray 390 xpw clutch cover.

20190607_143142.jpg

Definitely a little more compact (shorter) than a 372.

20190607_143720.jpg

Anyhow, I'll go make it do its thing, see how it holds up.
These tsumuras are new to me as well, been running sugiharas the past few years.
I definitely like prices for tips and bars with the tsumura.

Very cool.

Like the bar. Never tried one though.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

End of the week update.
Didn't run the saw every day, but tripped about 840 nice-ish fir and ponderosa with it. Zero issues.
Power-wise, about the same as a 372xt (ported by the same guy). Fuel economy is ridiculously good. Probably 10-15 more trees to a tank versus an xt. That alone sells me on it.
Silky smooth, and balances really nicely with the 28" tsumura.

No complaints, seems like a good saw.

Just an fyi, the rings did take a while to seat. The first day and a half was pretty unimpressive.

Would of been cool to hear a comparison of stock versus ported but its getting the wood on the ground :rock: Looking forward to your thoughts on it once you run it a bunch

No idea how they run stock. The baffle on the stock exhaust outlet is completely ridiculous though. I would imagine just deleting the baffle alone would be a hell of a performance upgrade for a DIYer on a budget.

:rock: Looking forward to your thoughts on it once you run it a bunch[/QUOTE said:
I'll try and remember to update this every now and then. Given that it is pretty much a 70cc 562, but with a far better air filter.....I think it will hold up just fine.

The air filter looks good. I did have great results with the ported 372 and high top flock filter in Douglas Fir and also straight snag falling. I don't claim too cut larger fir really that much. It is a bit easy for my liking but the dust knocks me to my knees for long periods at a time. Most true west coast wet belts you won't see Fir. You see it on the east side of the Island or way up the inlets. (Inland) Mostly are all logged long ago in convenient areas. There is second growth snipper wood getting Bunched on the flats now. Bigger fir is still out there, it's just where you are at company wise generally. What you fine in the wettest of the wet in the north is Red & Yellow Cedar, Western Hemlock, Sitka Spruce and Balsam fir.
My point being is I did see pic's of that flock filter in what they called 'big' fir (Oregon Fallers) and the dust went through that filter like water through a sieve. I couldn't believe it. He even said he bought another filter and with the same result. Said it wasn't coming from underneath. All they could come up with was it must be going through. It was a mess inside in 3 hours run time? I would think my 372 was perfect? Maybe there was a little at best in the bigger stuff and I am not remembering correctly?
Perhaps because I washed them with mix oil from time to time that it plugged the smallest pours? IDK. Anyway they are using a blue foam sock over the filter. Said you can order it or get the material and cut it yourself.

Latest posts

Back