575xp crank bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if I bent it pressing the crank out or if the bearing failure caused it. Either way I don't see a problem with adding crank case volume to a saw with a limited coil, only going g to spin so fast anyhow.

be very careful,the 575 is notorious for having spun bearings and buying new cases are useless. im a dealer and Husqvarna ended up just giving me my money back.

be very careful,the 575 is notorious for having spun bearings and buying new cases are useless. im a dealer and Husqvarna ended up just giving me my money back.
I thought the spun bearings was a early model thing? If you are a dealer I certainly trust you, as this is my first husqy I've owned or worked on, even after hundreds of saws. I may stake the outer races into the cases.

Thanks for that. I am now more confused then ever from that 08 IPL.

It appears that 07 would have been the last year for the 575 as the 08 IPL list 570/576. Even more confusing is the 08 IPL list the same flywheel bearing for the 570 and 576. The 09 IPL shows a different bearing for both with the 570 using the same bearing as the 575 from 04 to 07.

Like I said earlier the bearing and seal I ordered for the 576 are both 16mm ID. I'm being told now that the 575's in question use a 15mm ID bearing and seal. The 570 I took apart had a 16mm crank which should have been 15mm from the parts list? Confusing.

I would think that I might be off some on the 575 introduction, I thought they were a bit earlier. But like you said, 04 is the earliest IPL that I have as well. I bought mine in 05 still thought they were out longer then a year at that time.

I thought the spun bearings was a early model thing? If you are a dealer I certainly trust you, as this is my first husqy I've owned or worked on, even after hundreds of saws. I may stake the outer races into the cases.

Thats what I was believing as well. Not uncommon on any saw to spin a bearing in the case if the bearing locks up at high speed.

Back to the stuffers. They fit very tightly in the case and cover the bearings pretty tightly as well. The holes in them that allow mixture to the bearings is very small and I wonder if that has something to do with bearing failures.

I know after doing these I told the owner I would suggest they start running a richer fuel/oil mixture in them. At least 40-1 and maybe even 32-1 in hoping to lube the crank bearings a little better.

I bought brand new cases from Husqvarna and the cases are what is wrong with them. you could put a brand new bearing in the case and it would move immediately

I know this is an old post but info is info...............

Husqvarna 575XP Chainsaw Information:

First production year: 2004

Last production year: 2007

Displacement: 73.5cc

Cylinder diameter: 51mm

RPM: 9,600

Fuel mix ratio: 50:1

Latest posts

Back