58CC JonCutter G5800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Page 4 of my " I ported a timberpro" thread has pics of the intake and bigger husky 365 carb. This pic is from there.
dscn0204-jpg.678719

If you make one, the intake pipe is now flush with the carb holder, you need to drill/grind the carb holder out to make it fit. The 365 carb is longer so the shorter intake is needed to make it fit.
The carb and intake off the 62cc Zenoah saws wont fit, they're a different design.

The saw seems pretty well put together. @NSEric nailed the description. The saw starts easily and runs good. Feels small and light. Kind of torquy, not fast, home owner type saw power. First 4 tanks have been 20:1 premix. Out of the box tune after about half a tank the saw would get almost 11k RPM out of wood. I turned it down to 10,500. Now it will spin 11,400 RPM with ~1/4 turn in on the H screw but loses the burble. At 10,500 it four strokes and sounds to clean up in wood. I'll probably leave it at 10,5 for now and go to 25:1 premix for a while. A negative, the air filter doesn't seal well. O-rings helped the leak but did not stop it. Just added some grease, see how that works. So far the saw seems worth the cost.
Had the same problem with air filter not sealing, just remove top orange cover and grind off the area between the 2 screws near where the air filter slides over the carb. This will allow the air filter to travel far enough down so the "O" ring will seat on the carb throat- leak eliminated.

Hi everyone, I have been reading all these posts. my question not to rob the thread is this. When ordering a bar for the G5800 what tail stock pattern do I ask for?
I have a 20 inch bar, been cutting for a year and due to air filter not completely closed I had to change the cylinder and piston. 30 bucks. I cut a lot of wood with this saw. 30 cords last year and this year will be double. Very nice machine. But I do want to get a longer bar for bucking. Your help would be appreciated. thanks!

If you need more than a 20 inch bar you need a bigger saw.
It takes the same bar as a 51/55 husky.
Im not sure if they make a longer bar than 20 inch for huskys, that's as long as any one runs on a 50cc small bar mount saw, they dont oil good enough for a longer bar.
You can find chinese 24 inch bars on ebay, some of these chinese saws came with them but I think anything longer than a 18 inch bar is silly on a sub 60cc saw.

If you need more than a 20 inch bar you need a bigger saw.
It takes the same bar as a 51/55 husky.
Im not sure if they make a longer bar than 20 inch for huskys, that's as long as any one runs on a 50cc small bar mount saw, they dont oil good enough for a longer bar.
You can find chinese 24 inch bars on ebay, some of these chinese saws came with them but I think anything longer than a 18 inch bar is silly on a sub 60cc saw.
Thank you for your input I appreciate not spending the extra money on a bar when in reality I should get me a bigger saw.. Oh Boy my wife is gonna hate you. :)

Had the same problem with air filter not sealing, just remove top orange cover and grind off the area between the 2 screws near where the air filter slides over the carb. This will allow the air filter to travel far enough down so the "O" ring will seat on the carb throat- leak eliminated.
OK I need help. I had my JonCutter for almost 2 years and really love it. However, I am having carb issues. After every use, I clean the filter area and there is a layer of black powder in the intake side of the carb. Dirt is getting into the carb from the air filter. I shaved it a little last night as per your experience. Not sure if I shaved enough. I already did a piston/cylinder replacement during the winter. I had no issues doing it myself, it only cost $30.00 for the kit. I think i am getting xclose to doing it again. Can you tell me how much you shaved off the air filter tube? Thanks........Does you saw drink gas like a lot. I will cut 30 rounds and I am out of gas....big rounds.

New here and need help finding a Chain Sprocket Cover Assy For Joncutter G4500 G5800. Farmtech says they are out of stock. Any ideas ? Thanks

Back