• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

SOLD!!!! 59" Stihl bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
Got a 59" Stihl bar with a saw the other day. I don't think I really need to keep it. Its for the large mount 14mm Stihl mount for 090 and such. Hardnose .063 gauge. The bar is in good shape, don't look like it was used much at all. Looking around I see the same bar new for $400-500 is that right? If anyone is interested I can post up the part number and some pictures..

Plowmaster

Plowmaster

ArboristSite Member
Gaudaost

Gaudaost

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey :) I’m interested (must be confirmed as not stolen first of course...), but why does it have binford on it if it’s stihl OEM?
Thanks in advance.

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
Hey :) I’m interested (must be confirmed as not stolen first of course...), but why does it have binford on it if it’s stihl OEM?
Thanks in advance.
My saying it might be stolen from Tim Taylor was a joke because someone stenciled Binford 6100 on it. I'm sure it was done as a joke also.

Binford 6100 - On Tool Time, starting in the third season, whenever a new product was being introduced, the name of it was always "Binford 6100..." Before that, every single tool was given a different product number eg, the Binford 6100 was a very dangerous saw that cuts trees. The only exceptions to these were early in the third season

Whatever the reason it has no effect on the bar that has had little use on it.

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
Why are you questioning if he stole it? Who would steal a chainsaw bar then try to sell it for so much more than it’s worth? He may be a fool, but I don’t think he’s a thief. Plus it wouldn’t make any sense for him to publicly post it for sale with his account on here

If you think I'm trying to sell this for more then its worth, its pretty clear its you who is the fool

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
Hey man. I was trying to back you up. Not cool to try and put me down in front of everyone. But I have to be honest with you, nobody is going to pay that much for a used bar. If they did I would laugh at them.

I don't need help from some fool who insinuated that i was a fool who dont know what i have is worth.

You don't need or want this bar, you are free to just move on by

Woodslasher

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
Hey man. I was trying to back you up. Not cool to try and put me down in front of everyone. But I have to be honest with you, nobody is going to pay that much for a used bar. If they did I would laugh at them.
If I had $300 burning a hole in my pocket, I would. I’d love to add a 59‘er to the 41, 36, 34, and 28 inch bars I have for my 075, but I can’t justify another bar when the saw needs a new top end.
You can’t refuse to sell it to me if I pay $300. And the thing is with a new one it comes with a warranty and it hasn’t been used that’s why they command a higher price
Yes, he can refuse to sell it to you. That’s what makes this country great. Plus, what’s there to warranty on a hard nose bar? The paint wearing off?

Status
Not open for further replies.