6 inch lift?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the wife wants a 6 inch lift on our 2006 GMC. It is a 2wd, but who am I to argue? I think it will look good sitting higher with some 35s.
20210516_153748.jpg

35s should fit if I want them.
That is actually the recommended size for this lift.
100s of satisfied customers can't be wrong.
I'm basing this off my younger brothers 01, 1500. It is 4x4 and 35's would rub like crazy. Right now he runs a 33x12.50 lt15. Don't know how that applies to a 2wd. We don't really have them around here.... kinda snows, and off road is kinda normal as well.

That much lift and tire makes the truck much harder to use for work. Harder to get in, harder to load and unload. I was thinking about 35s on my 96 4x4 with no lift, but even that isn't viable with extreme trimming. Need to buy tires soon and will probably end up with 265s again on stock sized rims.

A leveling kit and/or a small lift, bigger rims with less backspace and some larger tires will give you some of the look you seek without wrecking the performance or functionality.

Went with a 6 inch lift, but keeping the tires that are on it for a while. They are already close to the 33s I had on the Suburban.
It will actually help a bit on my trailer. The angle of the gate made my mower deck scrape when loading.

Latest posts

Back