$60 gas Bill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natural gas isn't an option out where we are at unfortunately but I cut all my wood for free so it is alright in the end.

I am going on 9 years with out having to pay the "gas man" but I am learning that between saw gas, busted drivelines, and broken cables: free wood is not so free...but it's just so much fun. I should not even mention the beautiful tamarack that I fell across the hood of my truck.

All electric and last bill was $78. We have a well and the furnace is a heat pump with heat strips for really cold weather and that's why I won't let it run in cold weather. wood furnace takes care of that.

By the end of just this heating season we will have saved around $3,200 in heating costs (oil forced air furnace). Not bad for just the first year. Now add to that the tax credit we will get on our 2010 taxes our stove will just about pay for itself in just the first year. :)

98% of our wood this year was free - yes we had to haul it home - yes we had to pay for gas for our splitter but really, those were nominal expenses.

Shari

Not Sure How Much I Saved...

By the end of just this heating season we will have saved around $3,200 in heating costs (oil forced air furnace). Not bad for just the first year. Now add to that the tax credit we will get on our 2010 taxes our stove will just about pay for itself in just the first year. :)

98% of our wood this year was free - yes we had to haul it home - yes we had to pay for gas for our splitter but really, those were nominal expenses.

Shari
+1. I really do not have an accurate figure for how much I saved on the NG bill this year. The neighbors, who burn no firewood at all, are reluctant to show me how much that they pay for heating. So, I think I will just let them guess how much I saved and keep on collecting firewood. Besides, I like a warm home and I really need the exercise. :msp_smile:

two years ago the wife didn't want the hassle of feeding the stove.... electric bill was $375.00 a month for three months... we dont have gas at all here... so i persuaded her to try wood heat for last two years... average bill is no more then $100.00 a month... $50.00 of that is due to taxes and surcharges each month. heating with wood is a no brainer...:jawdrop::msp_thumbsup::clap::cheers:

heating with wood is a no brainer...:jawdrop::msp_thumbsup::clap::cheers:

My first year with a wood stove- Saved $250 for Dec & $300 for Jan over previous years bills. Different climate than Shari, but I figure I'll have the woodstove paid for in 3 years.

Latest posts

Back